HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Something I've figured out about food and beer...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 08:57 PM   #21
pjj2ba
Look under the recliner
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 186 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 20

Some wines go well with certain foods and I've also had some wines that NEEDED food. Some are not the kind of wine you could just sit back and enjoy a glass by itself - unlike most beers.

We have a Chineese & Japanese restaurant in town and they have a guy in charge of the wine and beer. Actually that should be beer and wines. They only have about 15 beers (bottles only) available, but they were all choosen to go with the menu. We ordered Moo-Shu Poark and the guy recomended a Celebrator Doppelbock. The man was right, it was an awesome combination.

He then suggested we try a Rogue Red Fox, which is made specifically for the Asian Export market. It was very nice, not quite an IPA but more than an APA, very smooth bitterness. It would go very well with spicy food, but may be a bit overpowering if eating a dish that that was towards the sweeter end. It might be decent with Teriyaki as all of the salt in the sauce would help to mellow out the bitterness of the hops.

My favorite pairing, for the daring, is a German Rauchbier and a sardine (mustard sauce) and onion on rye (or pumpernickel) sandwhich. A perfect combo if you ask me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2007, 11:41 AM   #22
zoebisch01
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjj2ba

My favorite pairing, for the daring, is a German Rauchbier and a sardine (mustard sauce) and onion on rye (or pumpernickel) sandwhich. A perfect combo if you ask me.

So you aren't the only one that likes a sandwich like that...

I like it with Red Onion and Limburger added.

Brew what you like. Do this, and you will find your inner brewer.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply