HBT 2014 Big Giveaway - 4/10 Re-Draw Winners Posted!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Some PB2 Advice

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2013, 11:04 PM   #1
grendelrt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Some PB2 Advice

I have been reading through threads on here to get an idea of adding some PB2 into my Chocolate Porter. I am looking to add a subtle amount of peanut butter flavor to the beer, I don't want it to be in your face and the main flavor. I have a couple questions, based on what I read I will be adding it to the secondary (ive already brewed the porter so not much choice here now haha) and need some advice.

I could
a) Boil some water, add it to the boiling water, cool it, drop it in the secondary, rack on top
b) buy some vodka, mix it, let sit a week, then drop it the secondary, rack on top

As far as amount, I read 6.5oz isn't enough, and it sounded like 13oz is a lot of flavor. I was thinking maybe 10oz for a more subtle flavor? Also I read it might not age very well in the beer, does anyone have any experience with this? Any other observations are welcome when dealing with PB2! Thanks!

Tap 1:
Tap 2: Nut Brown Ale
Tap 3: Speed Trap APA
Tap 4: Carbonated Water

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2013, 12:37 AM   #2
grendelrt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Had to make a decision so went with 10.5 oz in a vodka slurry, about 16oz worth. Going to let it sit for a while in the fridge and then throw it in the secondary.

Tap 1:
Tap 2: Nut Brown Ale
Tap 3: Speed Trap APA
Tap 4: Carbonated Water

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply