Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > So who's brewing this weekend?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 04:56 AM   #961
electric_beer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'll tell ya Ed Wort's Bravarian Heff is fermenting like mad crazy. Just brewed it on Saturday and it has been all but blowing the top off my fermenter since less than 4 hours from pitching it. Talk about a bent lid!

Pretty good considering I had only done a 6 hour starter. I had almost forgot to do one altogether but I figured better to do anything rather than none at all.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2010, 06:14 AM   #962
Stuntman
Alcohol to Urine 37+ yrs. Not any longer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 7

z987k had this Belgian Wit:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f71/kill...ian-wit-73278/

I used the WLP 400 (only one vial for ten gallons and did a 3 hour starter only). It took over twenty four hours to start going, but it has been steady for four days now. The krausen was comming up, so I gave it a little swirl to knock it down...Sheez I am sure glad I didn't go to bed without checking it. Both fermentaition locks had pressure (about to launch). I got the blow off hooked up (didn't think I needed them before, since I underpitched). It is gurgling like crazy now. I am very sanitary, but am slightly worried about the slow start. Next time a 48 hour minimum starter.

Emphasis on drank, sober since August 28 2011

Old 01-08-2010, 07:07 AM   #963
philrose
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

TGI Brewday, well, almost.

Will be making the session amber in my sig. Based on snoqualmie PGA. Breaking into this year's citra hops for it. Mmm beer.

If it turns out I'll be posting the recipe. Been fiddling with the numbers all last week.

Planning- Witbier

@philthebrewer

Old 01-08-2010, 07:30 AM   #964
Picobrew
Biscuit Enthusiast

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm going to brew a porter, maybe with some water adjustments for the first time.

Old 01-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #965
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

There is a small chance we get SNOW here in central Florida tomorrow! WAT! This has been the coldest week I can remember here. But I've got the yeast (Wyeast 1388 European Ale) on the stirplate so I'm brewing a Northern German Alt tomorrow. Chilling should be done in record time (for me)!

Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Old 01-08-2010, 12:44 PM   #966
Soperbrew
Who rated my beer?

Recipes 

Liked 66 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpanishCastleAle View Post
There is a small chance we get SNOW here in central Florida tomorrow! WAT! This has been the coldest week I can remember here. But I've got the yeast (Wyeast 1388 European Ale) on the stirplate so I'm brewing a Northern German Alt tomorrow. Chilling should be done in record time (for me)!
Watch out for the falling iguanas.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:12 PM   #967
masonsjax
Professional Amateur

Recipes 

Liked 300 Times on 217 Posts
Likes Given: 296

Gonna do the barleywine / partigyle APA. I plan to lightly oak both of them. Im a little nervous because I have a few batches on my propane tank and when I went to exchange my spare yesterday, I couldn't find anywhere that had any in stock. I think I can make it, but this is a double batch and might be pushing it.

I aim to misbehave.

Old 01-08-2010, 01:22 PM   #968
nealf
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

I'm brewing up a 10G batch of this monster:

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f62/drin...t-word-154954/

Old 01-08-2010, 01:23 PM   #969
Saint Aardvark
Recipes 

So last month I bought a bag of Gambrinus ESB (supposed to be like Marris Otter, I believe) and started by making a 1-gallon SMASH with Willammette and 0.25 lb of palm sugar put in for fun. I just tried it, and after only 10 days in the bottle I cannot believe how good this is. It's 7.2% ABV but you'd never know it -- smooth, lightly bittered, and just gorgeous and creamy. It's one of the very best beers I've made so far. (That said, I've only been brewing for a year).

So now I'm thinking I should try it with some Wyeast 1762 I've got hanging around -- do a 5 gallon batch, maybe add a bit of Crystal for colour. Or not. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing how this does with the Belgian yeast.

Fermenting: Unnamed IPA
Last batch: Infected :(
Coming up: Howto batch for a friend; theme bath for local HBC

Old 01-08-2010, 03:00 PM   #970
skeeordye11
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I will be participating in the GRABASS Brewgasm tomorrow brewing 9 gallons of a Belgian IPA to be split with fellow HBTer Barc. Then SWMBO wants to try her hand at brewing Sunday with my House IPA 2.0. That'll make a 20 gallon week for me!

Quick Reply