The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > So who's brewing this weekend?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2011, 08:03 PM   #5981
BucksPA
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

I'm boiling my vienna lager as i type, but this pic was during the mash.

40 Gallons brewed in 2013....and counting
33 Gallons brewed in 2012
159 Gallons brewed in 2011

My Brutus 10

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2011, 09:14 PM   #5982
nrock74
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

My Two Hearted Ale clone is 20min into the boil as I type.Drinking the original as well. Also bottled an IIPA with massive amounts of cascade & falconares flight as the hops, a super hopped Warrior IIPA & racked 5gal of Wheat onto 3lbs of fresh cranberries. Been a great weekend.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #5983
BrewStooge
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Just finished up 5 gal of sweet stout.

Old 11-06-2011, 11:30 PM   #5984
BucksPA
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
I'm brewing 15 gallons of Bee Cave Brewery IPA today. I'll chill it to 80, then fill the buckets and put them the Fermenteezer and set the temp to 65. Tomorrow morning I will pitch the yeast.

I'm using WLP001 this time as I'm out of Safale -05 and I think I'm finished with dry yeast due to the cost. It's worth an extra couple bucks for a vial that I can use across multiple batches instead of 3 packets of dry.
I understand your thoughts regarding cost of dry yeast, but S-05 is bulletproof!!

40 Gallons brewed in 2013....and counting
33 Gallons brewed in 2012
159 Gallons brewed in 2011

My Brutus 10

Old 11-07-2011, 02:08 AM   #5985
EdMerican
Angry Guy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Brewed a breakfast stout Saturday. Used real espresso and cocoa powder.

1.062 OG, 35 or so ibu's and S-05. Started bubbling and churning like crazy this morning.

Hope it turns out good. First all grain stout I've done and first time I've added stuff to a brew. Perhaps a bit ambitious building my own recipe without experience brewing the style, but the wort was amazing and every other recipe I've done has turned out well enough.

"Hell, If it don't turn out good we'll just distill it and get drunk!" - My dad...

Old 11-07-2011, 02:18 AM   #5986
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 251 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksPA View Post
I understand your thoughts regarding cost of dry yeast, but S-05 is bulletproof!!
Yeah, I know, but I did not have any. I used the last 3 packets that were over 1 year expired. They did make good beer.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Old 11-07-2011, 03:09 AM   #5987
jonmohno
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1188

Yah know i was thinking of taking a break because i ran out of base malt anyway but still have specialty,crystal malts probably enough to make at least a dozen more. I mainly brew organic but cost getting it sent from Cali have made me hesitate, i do like experimenting.I just dont like always using the same base malt.I believe there are only a few very good organic beers,i think maybe i just may have made one of them accidentally luckily becaause commercially they have never matched up to some of the best beers out there.Also organic does not have a good name for best beers.
I will probably get some base malts i have never tried and make a bunch of single hop ipa's to finish up all of my crystal malt i overpurchased. I dont want to stop and think of how im just letting my crystal malts stale.Also you cannot get all hops oranically and overall ive been somewhat disapointed in the hops organic or not that i got. I think its weird that you dont know the age of your hops when you buy them. I want some 2011? Will i get them?Doubt it!
Im also thinking about trying a cider,i just bought some and dont recall really ever even trying them and they are pretty good. Woodchuck has some decent ones. I think they have english beer esters with a solid apple taste with mild tartness that gives that hop like finish but making it so good.
Until then i will seek out new beer that mainley is always better than mine and inspiring.Yes there is a reason most beer is in a bottle commercially ,because its good.Untill then i will try to make beer this good but im not going to stop enjoying these awesome beers,unless i can make them better.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:16 AM   #5988
igotsand
Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Brewed 16 gallons of Port Chronic amber ale.
Hit all my numbers, easy brew..
Now sitting in the conical at 67 degrees..
Today was a good day
igotsand

Old 11-07-2011, 01:47 PM   #5989
HopShot
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 1 Posts

Brewed up an American Brown Ale, Sweet Stout, Imperial Stout, and a smaller stout off of the runnings of the IS. 4 brews in one afternoon! So there were no hops left for the little stout as there was not enough foresight for that... so me and a fellow brewer had to kill off one of the kegs that I had put an ounce of keg hops into to have something to bitter with. Also stole the aroma hops from a previous batch from the day. So now we have a citra / willamette stout. Don't really care if its great or not because its all from recycled stuff!

Old 11-07-2011, 02:07 PM   #5990
DaltonBrewer
Recipes 

I brewed up a killer batch of winter ale I am calling "Merry Freakin Christmas Ale". It is an all grain 5 gallon batch, my OG was 1.070 and should finish with about 7.25% abv and 70 IBU using Amarillo and chinook hops; toasty red color. Can't wait to try it. Damn I love brewing beer!!!!!

Prost

Dalton Brewer

Quick Reply