So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making first bock today. About to mash out.

Love the electric brewery. Sitting here in the basement playing toys with my 3 year old while the mash does its thing.

Brewed 5 gallons of a Red

image.jpg

Joining a brewing - friend is working on a recipe for an old ale with ingredients consistent with colonial America. Not sure what that entails - but knowing him, it will probably be done very well and come out very good.

Busy all weekend, but will be brewing a red IPA with Calypso, Mosaic, Huell Melon and El Dorado on Monday, for a small competition in 3 weeks. First batch of it came out outstanding.

Brewing a grapefruit IPA. I was thinking about doing a double brew day and starting a batch of Bier Muncher's Centennial Blonde too, but had to nix that idea. Maybe tomorrow...

love me sum Falconers Flight. Just finished a keg. Besides Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, that is a good bridge beer to get non craft beer drinkers into the real deal!

We just kicked the Boston Lager clone keg, tapped the Flat Tire Crone (AG) and it will not last long! YUM, so gotta get the next brew going tomorrow. Cream Ale for summer sipping.

Brewing my "Harpie" apricot blonde. First all grain brew, been brewing for ~3 years.

I am using hops and yeast to compliment the apricot instead of letting the fruit carry the flavor alone. Usually use a generic blonde base and add the purée.

Well here's a new one*I brewed today. It's a new line(?) of beer recipes from Midwest Supplies called*A Beer. Simply Beer. This one was a Pale Ale*5G Extract w/Steeping grains recipe. I bought the Pale Ale, Brown Ale, and IPA recipes.

Brewing 5 gallons of Dead Ringer IPA as I type this! Love impromptu brew days! It's kinda like Christmas! Not to mention while brewing a new guy who moved to the neighborhood was out walking his dog, stopped to look, turns out he's a brewer as well! Neighborhood brew club coming soon!

Brew day went as perfect as one could hope.

First AG, no stuck sparge, hit temps on the head. OG was right on the money.

First time using my plate chiller as well, like it a lot. I recirculated ice water through it as to not waste water. I then used the water for cleanup.

Racked my Fluffernutter Sammie Stout onto a gallon of water boiled for 10 minutes with 13 oz additional JIF Peanut Butter Powder, cooled, and 2 vanilla beans soaked in a little Everclear. May need more vanilla...maybe extract at bottling? Looks good, though...lots of peanut flavor and aroma "in your face" right now.

IMG_20160530_161436391r.jpg

IMG_20160530_165642794r.jpg

Going to attempt my third AG on Saturday - a Mosaic SMaSH. Got the idea from our local brewpub (Wet Head Brewery in Auburn, shameless plug I know, but Billy Jack is the BEST). He's got one on tap that is pure ambrosia. Also he gave me some solid pointers on how to improve my efficiency. Can't wait!!

Making my first lager, a Marzen. My brother and I are doing 11 gal and splitting it in half. We plan to pitch two different yeasts, s-189 and wlp810.

Cannot wait!

Brewing an APA/IPA tomorrow… Prepped the grains last night (measured out) and will mill them tonight and get all my equipment ready.

Recipe is like 79% 2-row, 8% vienna, 10% white wheat and like 3% crystal 20. Using something like 0.8oz of carafa III for color only at mash out to raise SRM by a few points.

Will be using Columbus, Chinook, Mosaic and Citra for the hopping. No hop stand this time around, just a late addition (5min left in boil). My last few IPA’s have been turbid and never clear, even with US-05 or S-04, which I believe is due to the hop stands I have been doing… So trying this one without!

Pitching 1056 and will ferment at 64F. Made a 1.5L starter for it and currently cold crashing that.

Using my most aggressive water profile to date for this one… Have not gone beyond 300ppm sulfates yet on previous IPA’s, but doing 350 this time (Cl is at like 26, so big SO4:Cl ratio!). Previous IPA was 300/26 or so.

Target specs are 5.8% ABV and 55 IBU.

Following this APA I have back to back lagers ready to go (Dunkel and Festbier)

Brewing an ale version of an amber lager my wife is fond of. It turns out great using Saflager w-34/70 and tomorrow is an experiment to see how different it will taste using US-05.

Wife has been asking me to brew a beer she likes. Looks like it's gonna be a Hoegaarden this weekend.

Hoping to brew tomorrow. I want to use up some malts & hops, so based on what I have I'm thinking a White IPA. And maybe a saison

Bottling a hoppy Belgian pale ale
And brewing a rye American pale with Galaxy,citra and hull melon fermented with Brett Trois

12ltr of saison, hopped with Archer, late addition of Hibiscus,fermented with Wallonian Farmhouse.
4 litres taken out before the boil to be soured with L.Plantarum and re-added post souring.

No bacteria to be hurt by boiling in this batch

Was brewing an APA yesterday with organic pilsner, vienna and melanoid.. Bittered with galena, aroma from citra and rakau. BRY-97 as the yeastie. Oh, was also my 25th batch!

Last edited:
Back