The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Smartphone brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2012, 08:59 PM   #21
danielbt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyrst View Post
I use iBrewmaster. Kind of pricey, but I love it.
Is there a separate version for the iPhone and the iPad; do you have to buy both? If it's just one app, does iCloud sync the app data correctly?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #22
pm5k00
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 37

I use BrewR for Android for creating recipes and I use brewzor calculator for everything else. Both are free and are awesome.

For the pc I use Brewmate which is free also and in my opinion much better than beer smith.

Old 08-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #23
bratrules
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Since am a Android user i use BrewR And the Brewzor calculator. Both are free and have no complaints from me!! They work great for mobile apps.

Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy. - Frank Sinatra

Old 08-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #24
schoellhorn82
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I use Brewzor Calculator. I was free for my Driod- not sure if they have it for I-Phone. But it does everything that i need while running around brewing like calculating my Strike temps, Decotion Volumns, Alcohol/ Attenuation...ect. I use promash for my recipe calculations and water needed.

Old 08-02-2012, 01:30 AM   #25
prrriiide
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 8

On Android I use:

BrewzorProBeta - full out brewing app from recipe development to shopping list to calcs. Accepts BeerXML from BeerSmith and exports BeerXML to BeerSmith.

BrewAide - has a nice brewday feel to it, moreso than brewzor. Also imports BeerXML from BeerSmith. So I can formlate al lmy recipes in BeerSmith and import tham into both programs, or I can formulate in BrewzorPro and tweak them in BeerSmith later.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:28 PM   #26
billf2112
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I use brewr for android on my tablet. Works great as a shopping list also, just take it to my lhbs.

Bill from Pa

On Deck: Irish Stout,
Primary: Pumpkin Ale
Secondary: Empty
Completed: Red, Wit and Blue, Irish Stout, Red Ale, German Style Amber Lager, All Grain Brews: Irish Red Ale, American Stout, Honey Weizen

Old 08-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #27
GRBC
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 11 Posts

I have used beersmith for years and think it is/was great. However, I downloaded iBrewmaster about a year ago, and even though it doesn't have all the functionality of beersmith, the convenience of using it on my iPad or iPhone far outweighs the small gap in functionality. I would still switch back to beersmith if brad had a mobile verson today, but I fear that BS won't get there soon enough, as ibrewmaster continues to improve the functionality.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:21 PM   #28
Nightshade
Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 210

I use QBrew on the laptop for my recipes and just the stopwatch/timer on my phone for timing processes. Seems to work out well for me but have tried a couple phone based apps and wasn't real impressed, for my application they were too limited in functionality.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:42 PM   #29
phoenixs4r
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Brewzor is/was the best app for android that I found, however if you run some of the later version of android, 4.0 or 4.1, it gets kinda glitchy. I've tried emailing the developer to fix but the email listed for contact doesn't work. Shame

Quick Reply