Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Sierra Nevada Summerfest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2010, 02:44 AM   #1
DoctorDuvel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Sierra Nevada Summerfest

This is the beer that got me back into lagers, specifically last year's batch. It's one of the best lagers I've had. However, the first six-pack (last year - 2009) I bought was far better than the subsequent 10 or so six packs I bought throughout the season. It was definitely hit-or-miss when it came to fresh vs. skunky - which is why I bought it so much, was like searching for the holy grail... and never was it as good as the first six pack. I blame the distributors and retailers, and the Texas heat.

Anyway, it's back! and it's as good as ever!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2010, 05:49 AM   #2
RyanK2
Recipes 

Agreed. I just blazed through a 6er of this and it is every bit as good as last years. One hell of a fine beer.

Bottled: Weihenstephan Hefe Clone, Kärcher Bock, Kölsch, Oktober Wheat, Simcoe Slam IPA, Apfelwein, Red Trappist Dubbel, Dunkleweizen, Simcoe Slam IIPA, Hoppy Hefe, Come All Ye Faithful Christmas Ale, Gingerbread Ale, Wits End Kristal Wit, Kärcher Haus Pale, Nocturia Black IPA......too many.

http://walledlakebrewing.blogspot.com

Old 04-27-2010, 07:39 AM   #3
eppo
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

saw it in the store the other day, figured i would pick one up one of these days. now i think i'll grab one a lot sooner than that.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:29 PM   #4
DoctorDuvel
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 26

yeah, get it now! and if the ones you get later are just as perfect, no love lost...

and sorry guys, i didn't realize there was a commercial beer discussion forum...mods, can you move this thread there?

Quick Reply