Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Sick of shipping time.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-18-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
JBOGAN
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Default Sick of shipping time.

Whats up with bargain fittings not offering Fed Ex or UPS?placed an order Friday that i had to ship USPS because that was my only option and frankly is always my last option.Their tracking info is useless and I feel like i would be better off with a magic 8 ball.Second gripe is Duda Diesel not shipping my package until the 17th and having to call them and someone messing up on their end.No sir you put it down as USPS(SWMBO watched me punch it Fed Ex) not Fed Ex but we will change it free of charge..Hmmm,yup i love USPS its always my choice WTF!.

This would not bother me so much if i did not have a double brew day planned for Saturday but this is horrible.Hope is that i get everything before friday so i can test my flow rate on the plate chiller instead of doing it brew day...Just had to vent

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
atom
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 117 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I ordered from bargain fittings last friday...it shipped same day and i received it on monday. shipped priority 2 day usps...i doubt it would have come any faster through fedex or ups. maybe what you ordered is OOS...call them.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
geer537
I'm a member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

Which USPS option was the package shipped under? I had a very bad experience ordering from Ebay. I bought a vintage guitar and there was no option for shipping. It came USPS and the seller received an 'estimate' of 2-8 days. Turns out the seller used teh cheapest USPS option- I think standard? And on the site it says 2-8 days but delivery is not garaunteed- it's only an estimate.

They give you an ETA of 2-8 business days which sounds great. After 3 weeks I thought the package was lost. I called on the 8th day and they said I had to wait 3 weeks for the package to be considered lost. After 3 weekes the clarified 21 business days. I got it on the 20th business day. For what its worth the tracking was spot on- it just sat forever and I thought they had lost it. And they delivered when the fine print says they will. The ETA is not garaunteed. That's where they get you.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:30 PM   #4
JBOGAN
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 26

It went USPS priority 1-3 days but nothing yet.

Old 12-18-2013, 04:35 PM   #5
geer537
I'm a member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts

That's not good. If they don't show it as shipped you could contact Bargain Fittings. Mayb its back ordered do to the holidays- thats me speculating. If USPS picked it up, it wouldn't hurt to call them on it. The person I talked to was friendly and pretty knowledgable. She said to never use standard for anything important because the delivery is not garaunteed. 1-3 days is though I beleive.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
pelipen
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 42 Posts

Ever since Amazon started shipping with local carriers, almost everything that isn't prime comes as usps, and I can always add a day or two on either end. Even if it shows as at the local office by morning, it won't come until the next day. I've even had cards in the box indicating "could not deliver, weather", when it was just raining. Lazy. This is a service that should be privatized.

UPS and FedEx are very good at scheduling and distribution. I can guarantee it'll show up on the truck at 6pm if it doesn't make the morning.

I'm in a similar boat. I have holes in two kettles waiting on supplies that should have been here by now, but different supplier, usps though. Kettles with holes are annoyingly useless, hehe.

I love supporting the locals, but it's hard to resist Prime shipping.

Old 12-18-2013, 05:13 PM   #7
two_hearted
Hold on to your butts
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 154 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Amazon Prime has given everyone crazy expectations of getting things shipped quickly and cheaply. Its ridiculous what they can do.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:28 PM   #8
jrgtr42
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 428

Quote:
Originally Posted by geer537 View Post
Which USPS option was the package shipped under? I had a very bad experience ordering from Ebay. I bought a vintage guitar and there was no option for shipping. It came USPS and the seller received an 'estimate' of 2-8 days. Turns out the seller used teh cheapest USPS option- I think standard? And on the site it says 2-8 days but delivery is not garaunteed- it's only an estimate.

They give you an ETA of 2-8 business days which sounds great. After 3 weeks I thought the package was lost. I called on the 8th day and they said I had to wait 3 weeks for the package to be considered lost. After 3 weekes the clarified 21 business days. I got it on the 20th business day. For what its worth the tracking was spot on- it just sat forever and I thought they had lost it. And they delivered when the fine print says they will. The ETA is not garaunteed. That's where they get you.
What was the guitar and did it come in OK? (intact, no obvious throwing around ETC?)

For the OP, I never expect anything on time after Veterans Day. The holiday ordering / shipment season begins then and every warehouse and shipping company is going flat out 24/7 to get things out for the holiday. Almost every company that ships stuff extends the shipping timeframe around this time of year.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:33 PM   #9
Thedutchtouch
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pelipen View Post
Ever since Amazon started shipping with local carriers, almost everything that isn't prime comes as usps, and I can always add a day or two on either end. Even if it shows as at the local office by morning, it won't come until the next day. I've even had cards in the box indicating "could not deliver, weather", when it was just raining. Lazy. This is a service that should be privatized.

UPS and FedEx are very good at scheduling and distribution. I can guarantee it'll show up on the truck at 6pm if it doesn't make the morning.

I'm in a similar boat. I have holes in two kettles waiting on supplies that should have been here by now, but different supplier, usps though. Kettles with holes are annoyingly useless, hehe.

I love supporting the locals, but it's hard to resist Prime shipping.
If they dropped off the card I don't think it's them being lazy, as much as trying to protect your package from sitting out in the rain and potentially having the contents ruined when the box soaks through

Old 12-18-2013, 09:27 PM   #10
revansCAAD8
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 154

Yeah, I know what you mean about USPS. I placed two orders that Shipped Dec 2nd via '2-Day Priority Mail' insured. One arrived on the 7th and the other on the 11th! No tracking updates online either or explanations for delay. Speaking to USPS was a joke and they could have cared less. Pretty disappointing, no wonder that are bankrupt.

Good luck,
Robert
GypsyBrew

Quick Reply