*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Share your brewing nightmares

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-17-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
gcdowd
Hopalicious
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 194 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Share your brewing nightmares

I'm not talking about horrible brew days, I'm talking about actual nightmares you have about brewing. Last night, I had one of many, many nightmares about brewing and I thought to myself other people must have them too right? Sorry if a similar thread exists, but I could not find one.

Mine are always weird, like insane things that would never happen in real life will happen in my dream. To me, it feels so real though. It's as if what happens in my dream is completely plausible and makes total sense.

Take last night's dream for example. I was brewing in my driveway (which I always do), and a dump truck showed up at my house and starting backing into my driveway, bumping my kettle and spilling my beer all over the place. I'm a little hazy on the details of what happened next, but somehow I was able to salvage the batch by adding an ounce of centennial hops and continuing the boil for another 20 minutes.

I've had other nightmares too but for the life of me I cannot remember them.

So, anyone else have weird brewing nightmares?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2013, 12:27 PM   #2
bb239605
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Not any brewing nightmares while I sleep but my number 1 brewing related nightmare (perhaps worry?) that I have, especially right before I tap a new keg for the first time on a new batch is one of nervous trepadation: "Oh god, will this be the perfect beer that I have been striving for?"

Most of the time, actually all of the time, the answer is no. Sometimes decent, sometimes good, sometimes downright awesome, but nothing have I brewed yet that has made me say "Damn, that's perfect".

Anyway, my fear/nightmare/worry is I will never brew, what is to me, a perfect beer.

Old 01-17-2013, 12:35 PM   #3
PhelanKA7
Relax? RELAX?!
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 202

About 3 Christmas Eves ago I was in the middle of firing up a boil on the stove and smacked a Wyeast pack and it sprayed everywhere on my counter top. Of course it was Xmas eve and I couldn't run to the LHBS so I did what any sensible person would do... I scraped all of the spilled yeast off my countertop into a Ziploc bag and pitched it after brewing. The beer turned out fantastic

I've since learned that you're supposed to smack a Wyeast pack about 24 hours before you brew so yes... I know that

Old 01-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
gcdowd
Hopalicious
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb239605 View Post
Not any brewing nightmares while I sleep but my number 1 brewing related nightmare (perhaps worry?) that I have, especially right before I tap a new keg for the first time on a new batch is one of nervous trepadation: "Oh god, will this be the perfect beer that I have been striving for?"

Most of the time, actually all of the time, the answer is no. Sometimes decent, sometimes good, sometimes downright awesome, but nothing have I brewed yet that has made me say "Damn, that's perfect".

Anyway, my fear/nightmare/worry is I will never brew, what is to me, a perfect beer.
Haha I know that feeling. I will probably never brew the perfect beer

God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

Old 01-17-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
inhousebrew
Recipes 

Liked 121 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 36

I still dream about cleaning this up...

dscf3442.jpg  

I hate Walder Frey...

Old 01-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #6
inhousebrew
Recipes 

FWI: It was in the bathroom to use the faucet in the tub to fill up the carboy so I could clean out the trub after racking. So that was only trub and a gallon of water thankfully. I don't brew in the bathroom...

I hate Walder Frey...

Old 01-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #7
BreezyBrew
Fully Fermented.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 155 Times on 118 Posts
Likes Given: 58

Not a nightmare really but had this dream last night. The president of my company at work was talking about beer. Then he goes "I can tell this was probably mashed high because of the residual sweetness". I just thought to myself, "say what? How did you know that, you don't even homebrew".

- 99% Perspiration 1% Beer
- "Take your own experience as the gospel" -Denny

Old 01-17-2013, 02:37 PM   #8
leokatero
Recipes 

It was in the bathroom to use the faucet in the tub to fill up the carboy so I could clean out the trub after racking

Old 01-17-2013, 02:44 PM   #9
gcdowd
Hopalicious
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inhousebrew View Post
I still dream about cleaning this up...
Omg. That sucks a lot

God invented whiskey to keep the Irish from ruling the world.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:27 PM   #10
inhousebrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcdowd View Post
Omg. That sucks a lot
It eventually leaked underneath the radiator, behind the toilet and you can't see it but there is a gap between the tub and the sink which is really narrow and hard to clean if something like, oh I don't know, trub and glass get stuck back there.

It had happened and was done and a speedy cleaning wasn't really going to accomplish anything so I took a picture before getting started. Maybe as a way to warn people that wet carboys are slippery and will explode if dropped on the edge of a bath tub.

I hate Walder Frey...

Quick Reply