New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Seriously stop using acronyms,

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #101
mikeysab
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 22 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 347 Times on 289 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by woknblues View Post
What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll **** fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now
That does it....i'm starting a thread telling everybody to cut out the pirate talk.

Mikeysab on untappd.
ThreeDogsNE Likes This 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #102
OhReally
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd2

Hahahah, but just to check... has anyone other that OP hated on acronyms yet?
Not yet, but when some one does... I'd like to say I'll be laying in wait, but in reality I'll have moved on with my life and been brewing new batches, all with short names. I'm going to start with "A IPA."

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
-Bob Dylan

Primary: -
Secondary: -
Bottled: Ex-Pat 1800 English IPA
Drinking: Black IPA, Hoppiness is an IPA, Port O' Palmer Robust Porter, Nae Foolish Wee Heavy, Devil's Milk barley wine

Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 AM   #103
NewJersey
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 20

just get rid of "SWMBO" and i think we'll all be happier.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:35 AM   #104
mdgagne
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

Troll?

Old 01-25-2013, 01:39 AM   #105
BobbiLynn
Recipes 

Liked 790 Times on 538 Posts
Likes Given: 389

Quote:
Originally Posted by woknblues View Post
What in Davy Jones’ locker did ye just bark at me, ye scurvy bilgerat? I’ll have ye know I be the meanest cutthroat on the seven seas, and I’ve led numerous raids on fishing villages, and raped over 300 wenches. I be trained in hit-and-run pillaging and be the deadliest with a pistol of all the captains on the high seas. Ye be nothing to me but another source o’ swag. I’ll have yer guts for garters and keel haul ye like never been done before, hear me true. You think ye can hide behind your newfangled computing device? Think twice on that, scallywag. As we parley I be contacting my secret network o’ pirates across the sea and yer port is being tracked right now so ye better prepare for the typhoon, weevil. The kind o’ monsoon that’ll wipe ye off the map. You’re sharkbait, fool. I can sail anywhere, in any waters, and can kill ye in o’er seven hundred ways, and that be just with me hook and fist. Not only do I be top o’ the line with a cutlass, but I have an entire pirate fleet at my beck and call and I’ll damned sure use it all to wipe yer arse off o’ the world, ye dog. If only ye had had the foresight to know what devilish wrath your jibe was about to incur, ye might have belayed the comment. But ye couldn’t, ye didn’t, and now ye’ll pay the ultimate toll, you buffoon. I’ll **** fury all over ye and ye’ll drown in the depths o’ it. You’re fish food now

Wow, fish food, shark bait? He can kill us all 700 ways!!! Should we be trembling in our boots now? WTHIHTA

Old 01-25-2013, 01:47 AM   #106
mattd2
Recipes 

Liked 216 Times on 178 Posts
Likes Given: 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
Not yet, but when some one does... I'd like to say I'll be laying in wait, but in reality I'll have moved on with my life and been brewing new batches, all with short names. I'm going to start with "A IPA."
I'm going to beat you to it, shouldn't that be "an IPA"... oh wait you didn't hate on acronyms so it doesn't count... damn

Old 01-25-2013, 01:51 AM   #107
BBL_Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 376 Times on 266 Posts
Likes Given: 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbiLynn View Post
Should we be trembling in our boots now?
Only if you live within 100 feet of:

A. The ocean
B. A large river
C. The Panama Canal
D. All of the above

Never Ending Liquid Yeast - How to Farm Yeast and Freeze it.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:52 AM   #108
dcarter
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 10

That's what I was thinking.

My trash heap fridge rescue and conversion to a first class fermentation chamber

If you don't like your job, you don't strike!.....You just go in everyday and do it really half a$$ed, THATS the American way! - Homer J Simpson
lucas-3 Likes This 
Old 01-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #109
OhReally
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattd2

I'm going to bet you to it, shouldn't that be "an IPA"... oh wait you didn't hate on acronyms so it doesn't count... damn
Hah close one! I was going one step beyond that and just using the letter A; one letter per brew. But I can immediately see a flaw in my logic: this limits me to making 26 types of beer. Totally unacceptable, IMO. :-P

Oh well, time to return to RDWHAHB-ing :rock:

You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
-Bob Dylan

Primary: -
Secondary: -
Bottled: Ex-Pat 1800 English IPA
Drinking: Black IPA, Hoppiness is an IPA, Port O' Palmer Robust Porter, Nae Foolish Wee Heavy, Devil's Milk barley wine

Old 01-25-2013, 02:14 AM   #110
cheezydemon3
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1333 Times on 1051 Posts
Likes Given: 2319

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhReally View Post
Just wait until somebody on here goes apesh*t about proper grammar and spelling in posts. Examples include:

it's/its
to/too/two
your/you're
there/their/there
breath (noun) vs. breathe (verb)

I'm not on a soapbox and no, this doesn't count as that rant.

If you're gonna hate on acronyms, people--OP included--should make sure their written English is impeccable.
Oh eff!! Don't forget "loose/lose" as in "Why do I loose almost a gallon to trub???"

Which would be old english (or pirate talk in the vernacular) for "Why do I intentionally LOSE almost a gallon to trub???"

- a very......very.....druck Zul'jin

Quick Reply