Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Screw it, Im tasting one!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-06-2012, 04:27 AM   #11
Damian13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by normnmiles View Post
I'm in the same boat but my wife talked me down from the cliff. We are waiting for Sunday afternoon.

Question: How does it the taste compared to any samples before bottling? I wasn't too impressed with my samples but know from the forums that samples are not always representative of the finished beer so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
So, my samples tasted pretty great, but they weren't as sweet. I think that is because the beer isn't done conditioning and some of the priming sugar hasn't been eaten by the yeast. I have to say other than the sweetness, the beer does seem to have a way cleaner taste than the samples I tried before conditioning (less yeasty, and no sulfur smell). I drank my second beer and realized that although the beer has really good carbonation, it probably will benefit from more conditioning time to make the beer a bit less sweet and make the carbonation last longer. But the conditioning has helped my beer's flavor so far so hopefully it will help yours too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #12
Running_Crazy
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

I did the same with my first...1 wk, 2wks, 3wks, etc. It's your beer do what you want! Most of all just Enjoy it!

Bottled: Kilted English Brown Ale, BB Pumpkin Spice Porter, Monkey Boy IPA

Old 09-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #13
zeg
Recipes 

Liked 128 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 137

It's all good. It's your beer. Do with it as you please. You wouldn't feel guilty for eating some of the cookie dough before you bake it, would you? Sure, it's not a cookie yet, but that doesn't mean it doesn't taste good.

I bottled a stout the weekend before last. I like to wait 3 weeks before chilling one, but the coat closet where I store the bottled beer got too full. There were 3 odd stouts that weren't in a 12-pack case, so into the fridge they went. Sure, I *could* have switched them into one of the cases of finished beer, but I didn't.

Because it's MINE.

Quick Reply