The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Score 1 for ME! Russian Imperial Stout

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2013, 07:46 PM   #1
dcodd87
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default Score 1 for ME! Russian Imperial Stout

So I'm sure we've all had the scenario where someone tastes a beer and say yours is better.

Just yesterday I xfrd my Imperial stout from a primary fermenter to a secondary to bulk condition for 5-8 months. Of course I pulled some out to taste and it was already tasting pretty delicious. My wife asked for a taste and she thought the same.

Today I purchased Rogue's Imperial Stout from a local bottle shop. Came home after work to enjoy. My wife being the wife she is, wanted to try it. The first response I get is "Babe, your Imperial Stout is already better and it hasn't even conditioned yet, I think you have a winner on your hands."

Shes learning the lingo, and she's even going out of her way to try different variations of beer. YES!!!

Side note: It was midwests imperial stout and so far its at about 10.1% ALC

Imperial Stout - Primary

Any ideas for the next?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 10:03 PM   #2
Whippy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Imperial Stout is yummy! My favorite commercial version is Victory Storm King!! I'm glad to hear your brew turned out so well..enjoy!

Two weeks to ferment, two more in the kegs
but in just one night it was drained to the dregs

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply