Sam Adams recipe change?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robtotten

Reaction score
Is the Boston Lager a lot more pale than it used to be? I have a six pack here and it looks a lot different than I remember.

The summer was downright terrible this year. I believe they changed the imperial series double bock too. Once my favorite beer now gets nasty looks everytime I run across it in the store. What happened here?!?

That's funny, I had their Dopplebock a couple months ago and thought it was delicious. I wonder why they would be inconsistent?

I need to give it another go because it's been a while but the last one I had was just so... Light and watery with no imperial bite to it at all. Sad.

They probably are consistently changing recipes and maybe even process as they brew beer all over the country. Their quality control and ability to brew the same beer in 2 locations is probably not as good as BMC.

Of course if you ask them they'll probably just say that's the way beer is when its "micro" brewed.

Back