Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Sad Day

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-04-2009, 07:30 AM   #1
PBRNUT
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Default Sad Day

Today is a sad day for me. Today I finished the last of my Fat Tire clone, I call it Big Rubber. It is very bittersweet, it was great tasting so everyone wanted it and I get to brew more...the kicker is im going off to the academy for 16 weeks and will not be able to brew. Guess I will finish off my pumpkin ale and hope my cider finishes soon. I guess in 16 weeks it will be brewtastic around here. I have a buddy getting married and he has comissioned me for some beer also. I will do 2 cornys of a wheat. May and June are gonna be super busy for me.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #2
Kaner
Recipes 

Better to have loved and lost than to have never have loved at all! 16 weeks isn't that long, there are plenty of recipes that call for a much longer ferment than that. You could have a celebration batch ready for when you get back. Just a thought.

Old 12-04-2009, 02:30 PM   #3
SpanishCastleAle
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 29 Posts

Rest assured that when one Fat Tire clone dies...another is born.

I just gelatin-ed it earlier this week so it's not quite ready yet. It's a malt bomb; that's for sure!

Early brewers were primarily women, mostly because it was deemed a woman's job. Mesopotamian men, of some 3,800 years ago, were obviously complete assclowns and had yet to realize the pleasure of brewing beer.- Beer Advocate

Quick Reply