Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Russian River ceasing distribution to Washington

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2013, 06:52 PM   #1
Jukas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Default Russian River ceasing distribution to Washington

Bad news for the folks up north.

http://beerpulse.com/2013/01/russian...of-washington/

Russian River is ceasing distribution to the state of Washington immediately, and the final shipments to distributors in that state have already been sent. If your a Washingtonite and have honey holes for finding RR beers I'd suggest snagging what you can now.

While it's bad for those in WA, it's good news for us local folks as local distribution has been getting extremely tight the last few months and both the local bottle shops to me often sell out their entire weekly shipment within 48hrs of arrival.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #2
Nightshade
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 191 Times on 148 Posts
Likes Given: 210

Well I can't blame them, our lawz on beer and liquor are antiquated at best up here. Best of luck to the guys, gonna suck having to drive into Oregon to taste your wares but such is life I guess.

Catch the next Triple Barrel Brewcast Broadcasting now 4/1/13 tune in and enjoy
Twitter: @3bblcast

Old 01-05-2013, 01:14 AM   #3
stikman33
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Its ok, more for us california locals! Haven't found anyplace out here in the valley that stocks it, but anytime I'm in the bay area I stock up.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:01 AM   #4
eastoak
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 149 Times on 140 Posts
Likes Given: 83

some of the comments on their facebook page are hilarious. "make more beer", "you guys aren't the best anyway (insert name of beer) is much better anyway", "stop being elitist and make more beer" and so on. some people seem to think it's just a simple matter of making more beer and shipping it to them and everything will be ok.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:06 AM   #5
Jukas
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 85 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastoak
some of the comments on their facebook page are hilarious. "make more beer", "you guys aren't the best anyway (insert name of beer) is much better anyway", "stop being elitist and make more beer" and so on. some people seem to think it's just a simple matter of making more beer and shipping it to them and everything will be ok.
I've had styles of beer from RR that weren't my favorite or I didn't care for but I've never had a bad beer from them. I'm ok with them focusing on quality over quantity, but I was surprised they were only a 14,000bbl business.

Wouldn't surprise me to see them buy building and scale up their brew house in the next few years.

Quick Reply