Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Russian River Brewing Sucks

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-26-2012, 08:07 PM   #291
bottlebomber
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2642 Times on 2068 Posts
Likes Given: 293

Well as long as Vinnie is here and we're wishing for things... *takes deep breath*

Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2012, 08:17 PM   #292
HopSong
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Props to Vinnie and RR Brewing.. I'm a fan.

Don't know if you will be at BeerFest 21 in SR.. but, I can hope.. I hope, I hope

In the meantime.. I hope the blowhard is "put in his place"

Old 05-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #293
shoreman
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 9

This post should be noted in the sociology study of message boards at MIT. It's a classic.

Small Bottle Homebrew http://www.smallbottlehomebrew.com

Old 05-26-2012, 08:19 PM   #294
wailingguitar
Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 424

Ok, so RR is using Cargill's IdaPils... this is one of their malts that I know by reputation. IdaPils is made with 2-row Harrington, grown, as noted above, in small quantities in specific places. I think it is more than safe to say this is a high quality malt... I am thinking it would make a VERY nice Helles... hmmm... wheels are turning!

Also, may I say I appreciate Ron and Vinnie (and whoever the other Cargill employee was) coming and posting here. Well done, folks. Because of the personal attention here I can see Cargill added to my short list of suppliers (grown now from 2 to 3) for a project that is in the fire...

"Why did you.... what was the point of... how drunk were you when you decided this was a good idea?" - DMartin

Old 05-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #295
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6070 Times on 5304 Posts
Likes Given: 711

Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Well as long as Vinnie is here and we're wishing for things... *takes deep breath*
Like, please distribute to Arizona?

Old 05-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #296
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 548 Times on 386 Posts
Likes Given: 418

What a fantastic thread. Thank you.

Old 05-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #297
whitehause
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 103 Posts
Likes Given: 28

I've never known RR to be anything but up-front with the homebrewing community, and this is just another example of that. He took the time to respond to concerns about his company, in person, to what is most likely a relatively small portion of his overall consumers. It's business practices like this that will always keep me going back.

Thank you Vinnie

Primary 1- BM's Cream of three crops.
Primary 2- Paleface Scalper
Primary 3- Monks Reward (Kreuzberg)
Kegged - Honey Badger, Heady topper clone 1, Indian Paleface Scalper
Bottled- Skeptical Dog winter Lager, Hell's Belgian, Old Dutch Hiefer Hefe,Aphlewein, Chocolate Thunder porter, Jacked up lantern

Old 05-26-2012, 10:44 PM   #298
passedpawn
Waste Allocation Load Lifter - Earth Class
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 3152 Times on 1967 Posts
Likes Given: 2666

If you haven't heard Vinnie speak (he's a great speaker), listen to this. Any home brewer who's dreamed of having their own brewery will love this story. Just do it.

Vinnie Cilurzo NHC Keynote Address

Old 05-27-2012, 02:01 AM   #299
wailingguitar
Recipes 

Liked 93 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 424

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb239605 View Post
as an employee of Cargill, I must say that you are a hundred percent wrong in assuming we use GMO barley. You are also wrong in assuming we are cheap, low grade malt suppliers. In fact we are one of there more pricey suppliers because of our strict quality control and superior barley that we purchase from Canada and the United states.

Furthermore we have a great track record of working with our customers to deliver exactly what they want, when they want it, consistently time and time again.

Finally on our non business complaints. Most of them if not all are related to our other business areas namely meat and palm oil.

First we supply meat as demanded by our customers, that means you. Every time you go to a place with so called dubious meat quality you further the demand for cheap meat. You want it we supply it. You want high grade free range grass fed beef bitch at mcdonalds. Customers come to us with specs we just supply what they want. We can't sell a product no one wants, its a business.

And for our overseas operations, i.e. Palm oil, we follow all local laws and all American laws. Yes some rainforest destruction has occurred but no longer, we are on pace to be sustainable on our palm oil business.

Anyway a little off track but I get a little aggravated when Cargill catches a bad rap. We are private, quiet company that generally keeps to ourselves and that causes people to get the wrong idea.

Also we make the food you eat, you know what they say about the hand that feeds you.... (OK that parts a joke, couldn't resist)

* edit * these refutes aren't aimed at you wailingguitar it was just your response that prompted me to respond to all the negative Cargill related posts
I appreciate that, I tried to have your back through all this! Am hoping to do some business with Cargill Malting in the future too!

"Why did you.... what was the point of... how drunk were you when you decided this was a good idea?" - DMartin

Closed Thread

Quick Reply