Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Rumor, AB to buy Miller Coors

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2012, 08:40 PM   #11
Zamial
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 168 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinjeepin View Post
Are you sure? They own an awful lot of "small" and "craft" brands.
Yes, I am! I do not drink BMC affiliated, partial owned or partnered beers either. This does limit me in many ways but to me it is my way of thanking breweries that are true to craft beer.

I am not saying that the fore mentioned "1/2 craft" breweries make bad beers, they just do not see my money...ever. Personally, I would rather have water and will often order that instead of BMC or BMC-ish beer.

I have to many great breweries to close to me to sweat the BMC/BMC-ish "Your missing out" BS. I say most other folks are missing out... our little guys make some mighty fine brews and will see my money as long as they do not align with BMC.

To save the "Beer Wars" BS that this post is sure to draw...That movie has as much influence on me as a supermodel telling me I will get more tail if I drink Bud Platinum. I am able to come to my own conclusions independent of 1 movie, that really stretches truths and is designed to make people "fired up."

So, I bid you a fond farewell and thank the OP on the "heads up". Time for dinner at the brew pub!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2012, 08:56 PM   #12
barneygumble
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Well, if Molson Coors buys StarBev, perhaps we could see some really kick ass Czech Pils imported soon.

Old 04-06-2012, 09:18 PM   #13
amandabab
Recipes 

Liked 237 Times on 182 Posts
Likes Given: 446

Quote:
Originally Posted by landshark View Post
The commercial interest the larger companies have put into the smaller, craft breweries is really a great thing, whether people like to admit it or not..
I hate to admit it but back in day when Pabst bought out Olympia it was better for the area.
Actually MORE small local operations and brewpubs now.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:38 AM   #14
hoghead
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts

+1 and I don't care how consistant thier product is, I like variety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamial View Post
Yes, I am! I do not drink BMC affiliated, partial owned or partnered beers either. This does limit me in many ways but to me it is my way of thanking breweries that are true to craft beer.

I am not saying that the fore mentioned "1/2 craft" breweries make bad beers, they just do not see my money...ever. Personally, I would rather have water and will often order that instead of BMC or BMC-ish beer.

I have to many great breweries to close to me to sweat the BMC/BMC-ish "Your missing out" BS. I say most other folks are missing out... our little guys make some mighty fine brews and will see my money as long as they do not align with BMC.

To save the "Beer Wars" BS that this post is sure to draw...That movie has as much influence on me as a supermodel telling me I will get more tail if I drink Bud Platinum. I am able to come to my own conclusions independent of 1 movie, that really stretches truths and is designed to make people "fired up."

So, I bid you a fond farewell and thank the OP on the "heads up". Time for dinner at the brew pub!

Old 04-07-2012, 04:40 AM   #15
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6133 Times on 5343 Posts
Likes Given: 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoghead View Post
+1 and I don't care how consistant thier product is, I like variety.
So the 200+ brands owned by AB-InBev don't offer variety?

Old 04-07-2012, 04:46 AM   #16
barneygumble
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
So the 200+ brands owned by AB-InBev don't offer variety?
Right?

I happen to like goose island. InBev has bought a lot of quality craft brewers, left the brewers and managers in place, and supported them financially, so their distributor power could maximize profits. I got no problem with ABInBev making profits off of good beer.

Old 04-07-2012, 04:52 AM   #17
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6133 Times on 5343 Posts
Likes Given: 745

Quote:
Originally Posted by barneygumble View Post
Right?

I happen to like goose island. InBev has bought a lot of quality craft brewers, left the brewers and managers in place, and supported them financially, so their distributor power could maximize profits. I got no problem with ABInBev making profits off of good beer.
I'd like to think the managers are recognizing that publics beer tastes are changing, and are trying to get in on the expanding non-light American lager.

Remember, LAA is what it is because the consumer of the growing America demanded it. If anyone hasn't read 'Ambitious Brew' by Maureen Ogle, it is a good non-biased read about the history of beer in America.

Old 04-07-2012, 01:12 PM   #18
TBaGZ
Recipes 

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 90

Eh, whatever.

Quick Reply