Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Rock of Love Bus and Rock Bottom

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 03:05 PM   #1
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2762 Times on 2713 Posts
Likes Given: 118

Default Rock of Love Bus and Rock Bottom

Any one watch the Train Wreck that is Called Rock of Love Season 3?
Last night they went on one of their "dates" and went to Rock Bottom Brewery in Chicago. "Nothing like hot girls and Ice Cold Beer" he says and they're tasting the different selections. It was neat to see them go and drink different beers, God I that show, Why can't i just not watch it! It's such a horrible representation of the human race, but I have to watch it at the same. I guess this should maybe go into the rant section but it's about the beer. I hate the "Ice Cold Beer" references especially when you take the initiative to drink decent beer. I know Rock Bottom isn't great but it's still "good beer" to those alcoholics.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2009, 03:10 PM   #2
telemaster
Recipes 

IrregularPulse
Yeah, I watch that garbage too. I can't not watch it, but it is mind numbingly entertaining.

I noticed you're from Chillicothe. I went to OU and lived in Athens for a bit. If you get a chance, you should go to the summer Brew Fest in Athens. Although, you may already be a loyal supporter of the event. I don't know.

Cheers

Old 01-26-2009, 03:13 PM   #3
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Yea I went last year for the first time after hearing about it. I went to Hocking but lived in Athens. One year in College Park, one year across from the IGA and one year off campus in Wonder hills off 50.
I wish I'd heard about the BeerWeek before last year. I stayed in Athens over one summer but somehow missed it! I really don't understand.
I actually played on OU's Club Paintball team so the majority of my friends were OU students vs hocking. 2 of the guy in our house, me and another, went to hocking, and 2 went to OU. Ever see Break of Day play down there? They were good friends of ours.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:15 PM   #4
SkewedBrewing
Hopscallion

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemaster View Post
IrregularPulse
Yeah, I watch that garbage too. I can't not watch it, but it is mind numbingly entertaining.

I noticed you're from Chillicothe. I went to OU and lived in Athens for a bit. If you get a chance, you should go to the summer Brew Fest in Athens. Although, you may already be a loyal supporter of the event. I don't know.

Cheers
I had started brewing a year or so before they started doing the Beer Week there and I entered a brew into competition, it was good times...

Reusable Pry-Off Bottles Wiki

Old 01-26-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
Ryan
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ya, my girlfriend and I are addicted to this show. What's worse is that now we can't stop watching Tool Acadamy either. The shows are so bad, but they provide so many laughs....

Old 01-26-2009, 03:36 PM   #6
telemaster
Recipes 

Sorry

Oh no! Not Tool Academy.... guilty as charged. Though we were able to turn it off before it ended last night.

IrregularPulse,
I can't remember if I saw Break of Day play down there or not. They sound familiar, but who knows.

Back on: It was nice to see a craft brewery get some mention on the cable-waves. As a whole the beer culture in this country has made great strides forward in the last 10 years or so... or I just started paying attention at that time.

Old 01-26-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector

Recipes 

Tool Academy has roped us as well. But I also didn't watch it all last night. The little skinny guy was about to drop some confessions when I turned it off to go downstairs and re-configure the tap box on my keezer.

I think we should have a HBT boot at the BeerWeek! I don't know if it's only for breweries though. Perhaps I'll drop them a line.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:07 PM   #8
telemaster
Recipes 

IrregularPulse
If you're serious, I would make a trip back to SE Ohio for the event (pending schedule availability). I also know someone who is one of the organizers for BrewWeek. He's part owner of Jackie O's Pub and Brewery on Union St.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:38 PM   #9
SkewedBrewing
Hopscallion

Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by telemaster View Post
IrregularPulse
If you're serious, I would make a trip back to SE Ohio for the event (pending schedule availability). I also know someone who is one of the organizers for BrewWeek. He's part owner of Jackie O's Pub and Brewery on Union St.
Agreed, I would totally make the 9 hour drive or 1 hour flight in.

I hung out with the the owners of Jackie O's when they were first opening and getting interested in brewing, they sampled my homebrews for a while, it was pretty cool.

Reusable Pry-Off Bottles Wiki

Old 01-26-2009, 07:20 PM   #10
APendejo
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

I tried watching it but it is really hard for me to get a handle on all that silicon and botox. That includes those girls too.
I can just imagine what the bus must smell like. Eau du French Whorehouse maybe?
AP

Quick Reply