Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!


Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Ritebrew.com?
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
cheesecake
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
cheesecake's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Palatine il
Posts: 1,010
Liked 27 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Ordered faucets and shanks from them saturday evening and everything was here this morning.

__________________
cheesecake is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-29-2012, 02:28 AM   #12
Cacaman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cacaman's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Laredo, TX
Posts: 517
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesecake
Ordered faucets and shanks from them saturday evening and everything was here this morning.
I actually ordered a bunch of grain and hops from them. Everything arrived good, and prices were amazing. I'll be tasting the first brew from these ingredients very soon. So far, so good!
__________________
Cacaman cheap keezer build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post

“Get your beer off the yeast cake on day 7 or your beer will crawl out of the fermenter and eat your youngest child”

“Your beer will be the equivalent of rhinoceros urine unless it sits on the primary yeast cake for at least 4 weeks.”
Cacaman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-10-2012, 11:36 PM   #13
coolharry
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 264
Liked 35 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacaman View Post
I actually ordered a bunch of grain and hops from them. Everything arrived good, and prices were amazing. I'll be tasting the first brew from these ingredients very soon. So far, so good!
How'd everything work out for ya with ritebrew?
I'm curious because they say they have a warehouse about 15 minutes from my house and they offer free pick up.
__________________
coolharry is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 12:00 AM   #14
bwarbiany
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bwarbiany's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
Posts: 1,896
Liked 595 Times on 351 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwomp313 View Post
I just perused their site and it appears that they are out of stock on A LOT of items. Also, they don't have flat rate shipping so I could imagine that the shipping would be pretty steep.
I wouldn't go for a sack of grain and have it shipped, but I had a *big* order of kegging equipment a few months ago... Total ~$300 worth of items, some that had some weight (100' of beer line). It was about $12 to ship it all, ground, from WI to CA. I thought that was pretty reasonable.
__________________
bwarbiany is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 12:04 AM   #15
Cacaman
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Cacaman's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Laredo, TX
Posts: 517
Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolharry View Post
How'd everything work out for ya with ritebrew?
I'm curious because they say they have a warehouse about 15 minutes from my house and they offer free pick up.
Everything turned out great, prices were awesome. The only issue I had was that they sent me a pound of cascades without the AA%. I had to contact the manufacture to get an estimate of the AA% on the hops. I'm sure that issue was a fluke though.
__________________
Cacaman cheap keezer build!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BierMuncher View Post

“Get your beer off the yeast cake on day 7 or your beer will crawl out of the fermenter and eat your youngest child”

“Your beer will be the equivalent of rhinoceros urine unless it sits on the primary yeast cake for at least 4 weeks.”
Cacaman is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 09:49 PM   #16
coolharry
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 264
Liked 35 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwarbiany View Post
I wouldn't go for a sack of grain and have it shipped, but I had a *big* order of kegging equipment a few months ago... Total ~$300 worth of items, some that had some weight (100' of beer line). It was about $12 to ship it all, ground, from WI to CA. I thought that was pretty reasonable.
How was the stuff you got? Or I guess I should ask would you use them again for equipment? I was looking on craigslist for keg stuff and they came up. Seeing as how their warehouse is a few miles from me, I'd rather stay local if they have quality stuff.
__________________
coolharry is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2012, 10:41 PM   #17
Curtis2010
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Curtis2010's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: , Guatemala
Posts: 1,013
Liked 79 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Given that you are in Texas, check out Austin Homebrew Supply. They do have flat rate shipping and I've always had great experience with them.

__________________
Curtis2010 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 01:38 AM   #18
bwarbiany
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
bwarbiany's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Laguna Hills, CA
Posts: 1,896
Liked 595 Times on 351 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolharry View Post
How was the stuff you got? Or I guess I should ask would you use them again for equipment? I was looking on craigslist for keg stuff and they came up. Seeing as how their warehouse is a few miles from me, I'd rather stay local if they have quality stuff.
It was all as advertised... I'd use them again.
__________________
bwarbiany is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 02:19 AM   #19
KeythL
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Appleton, WI
Posts: 70
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolharry View Post
How was the stuff you got? Or I guess I should ask would you use them again for equipment? I was looking on craigslist for keg stuff and they came up. Seeing as how their warehouse is a few miles from me, I'd rather stay local if they have quality stuff.

Neil is a good guy, I found them when searching for the phone number of the LHBS, I've used ritebrew.com several times since (just stocked up on base malt ~110 lbs of it in fact). Here in Wisconsin we're spoiled, we've got Northern Brewers, ritebrew.com and a hand full of LHBS to choose from...I'm going broke trying to spread my money around to keep em all open.

Keyth
__________________
KeythL is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2012, 04:18 PM   #20
dallasdb
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Aurora, Colorado
Posts: 1,208
Liked 53 Times on 43 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default

I've used www.Ritebrew.com multiple times. Shipping is always really fast and Neil is great to work with. Responds to email same day when I've had a question on something.

I've brewed ~8 of his recipe kits and all of them have came out fantastic. My favorite so far was the Centennial IPA

The English Mild was very good as well!

__________________
dallasdb is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply



Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools