Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Rinsing bottles after sanitation

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2007, 04:20 PM   #11
Evan!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooZer
John Palmer talks about covering the bottles with tin-foil caps while storing to keep them sanitized.

Think that would do it?
It would probably work, providing nothing was on the aluminum foil in the first place. I supposed you could sanitize that, but hell, by the time you go through all this rigmarole...you're better off just dropping your bottles into a starsan solution right before you bottle. If you're concerned about the minute amount of no-rinse sanitizer that gets left in the bottles, get a drain tree. I don't worry about it, and it's never given me problems. It's just so much easier...I really don't know why you'd bother with the other stuff. And it's not like Star San is expensive. I got a big bottle of it for $15, and since I reuse the solution over and over again, I still have probably 3/4 of the bottle left, and I've been using it for 2 or 3 months.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2007, 04:39 PM   #12
grnich
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I just use Starsan and a bottle tree w/squirt nozzle. it takes about five minutes. Sanitizing is so easy it's not even an issue anymore. I can concentrate on more important things, like making good beer!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply