The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Requesting Microbrew Recipe?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2007, 09:32 PM   #1
KTwo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Requesting Microbrew Recipe?

Is there a "proper" way to write a small microbrew and ask for their recipe with out offending them? Or is it considered "poor taste"?

Lange Creek Brewery in Marion, MT is one of my favorites, but living here in Maryland it's tough (read: impossible) to get it. I'd love to be able to brew up a batch of Skydiver Blonde.

And a little Moose Drool from Big Sky Brewing would be nice also!!!

Thx
-K2

Planning: Hefe Weizen All Grain - Any Suggestions?
Primary: Empty
Secondary: Empty
Conditioning:Weizen
Drinking: Other People's

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #2
Brewpastor
Beer, not rocket science
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 26 Posts

Write a nice letter and see what happens. Let them know who you are, where you are, why you want to brew their recipe and if you are an all-grainer or extract brewer. I would also pour on the compliments.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply