Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Report I did on sake brewing and biotechnology in brewing

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #1
SakeBrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Report I did on sake brewing and biotechnology in brewing

Hey brewers,

I hope you will find this report interesting. Sake brewing has some similarities to beer brewing in the processing and whilst most of you guys may be primarily interested in beers, you could still end up learning a thing or two (even though this is about sake).

With this report it would be nice if I could get just one or two guys interested in sake brewing. Enjoy

Link: Sake brewing report

Please post back and let me know what you guys think.

Cheers,
Claes Nilsson

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
markm2151
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 9

EXCELLENT Report! Got a little technical for me (non-engineer/non-science guy), but I throughly enjoyed reading through it. I tried brewing Sake about three years ago and royally f*#$# it up. I messed up the koji growing part somehow, probably because I had no idea what I was doing. Thanks for the new website (Sakebrew) that I can now comb through and take a stab at trying again. You (Sakebrew), should write an article outlining the process of brewing a simple batch of sake (with lots and lots of pictures, because ZOMG we all love pictures), and submit it to the article thread for homebrewtalk, if they pick it up you get a free year premium membership.

Old 12-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #3
Jaybird
Vendor
HBT_SPONSOR.png
HomeBrewTalk 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 244 Times on 171 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Subscribed for a later read.. Looks interesting!

Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Jay

I have been making custom False Bottoms for just about everything since 2008

Nor Cal Brewing Solutions, Reddings local homebrew store
(530)243-BEER and (530)221-WINE

Still have questions PM me here or hit the website.

http://www.norcalbrewingsolutions.com and like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/NorCalBrewingSolutionsfor Facebook only promos too

Old 12-31-2012, 10:14 AM   #4
SakeBrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markm2151 View Post
EXCELLENT Report! Got a little technical for me (non-engineer/non-science guy), but I throughly enjoyed reading through it. I tried brewing Sake about three years ago and royally f*#$# it up. I messed up the koji growing part somehow, probably because I had no idea what I was doing. Thanks for the new website (Sakebrew) that I can now comb through and take a stab at trying again. You (Sakebrew), should write an article outlining the process of brewing a simple batch of sake (with lots and lots of pictures, because ZOMG we all love pictures), and submit it to the article thread for homebrewtalk, if they pick it up you get a free year premium membership.
Wow, thank you Mark! The report was written for a common biotech guy, so I can understand that it must be difficult if you don't have a background within engineering/science. I am glad that you still enjoyed reading through the report. Sake brewing is really difficult without proper guiding and the amount of labour that some guides require you to do is simply insane. Growing fungi can be really difficult if you want a good result. Also thanks for your suggestions, I will try to make a really simple article that outline the brewing process - I love pictures too

Quote:
Subscribed for a later read.. Looks interesting!

Thanks for sharing

Cheers
Jay
Thanks Jay, I hope you will find it interesting.

Quick Reply