*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Recommedations on places to visit in St. Paul

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2011, 03:16 PM   #1
msa8967
mickaweapon
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 59 Posts
Likes Given: 77

Default Recommedations on places to visit in St. Paul

For our second anniversery the wife and I will be going to St. Paul for about 5 days. Two of these day she will be spending at a knitting convention so I am looking for recommendations on places to visit while she is busy.

Anyone recommend breweries, beer pubs or other points of interest I might try to visit in the twin cities? She enjoys beer as much as I do so some things we might try to do together.

Thanks...

Mick Arnett
North Liberty, Iowa
"Beer will change the world. I don't know how, but it will."

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2011, 03:31 PM   #2
CycloneBrewCrew
Recipes 

If you want to stock up on craft beers, take a trip across the river to Hudson, WI and visit Casanova's Liquors. The best beer shop I have ever visited.

Beyond that, Summit gives a pretty decent free tour with tastings included! And you can always visit the Northern Brewer & Midwest Supplies stores.

Brewing Co.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
Bigloveystyle
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Summit brewing is a few miles out of downtown off 7th street on Montreal Circle, they do tours Tues, Thurs, and Saturdays I believe. It's a great brewery. As far as brewpubs go, I only know of a couple in Uptown in Minneapolis. The Lyndale Taphouse and the Herkimer. Oh, and there's one downtown St Paul called Great Waters but their brews aren't anything great and the fare is mediocre at best. Other breweries around are Flat Earth, Surly, and Lift Bridge(outside of the cities in Stillwater). If you go down by the Grand Avenue area there are a few bars that keep an impressive number and quality of taps going, The Muddy Pig usually has about 80 I think, The Happy Gnome I think is around 45 and The Blue Door has less but the brews are all craft and micro.

Old 05-21-2011, 03:39 PM   #4
bucfanmike
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

While in St Paul, two of my favorites are the Muddy Pig and The Happy Gnome. Great selections on tap and great food also. I hear alot about Town Hall also but havent been there yet.

Mike in Duluth

Currently on Tap
1. Hefeweizen
2. BM Centennial Blonde
3. LHMS Clone

Pipeline
Next on Tap-Denny Conn Rye IPA
Kegged and aging Ed Worts Apfelwine, Denny Conn BVIP
Fermenters -

Old 05-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
Bigloveystyle
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you want to stock up on craft brews and don't want to cross the Cheddar Curtain(WI), Zipp's in Minneapolis has a lot of hard to get beer that even Cassanova's can't get. But Cassanova's does do growler fills and has a great selection and the staff knows a ton about beer

Old 05-21-2011, 05:54 PM   #6
flipfloptan
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Haven't been there in a few years. But a good pint of beer and a bocce ball game in the basement of Half Time Rec was always a good time. Watch out for the locals on the bocce ball court they know all the lumps and humps. You will be buying alot of beer and you will not be the one drinking it.

Happy Gnome is good too. If you want a huge selection of scotch the St. Paul Hotel can't be beat.

I know I know this is a beer forum.

Old 05-22-2011, 05:47 AM   #7
ennis2000000000
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ya seriously need to stop by the town hall Brewery in Minneapolis

Quick Reply