Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > RecipeTavern.com is now Open

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
Shmohel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: DC
Posts: 210
Default RecipeTavern.com is now Open

For those of you who are aware, I have been working on a recipe tracking system for some time now, and it is now readily accessilbe. It is called Recipe Tavern.

The basic premise of the site is to allow users to save their recipes to share with others, as well as track their batches of brewed beer. One of the features that I have created is the ability to export a text file from ProMash and upload into the database in Recipe Tavern.

Please check it out and let me know what you think. If anyone has any suggestions, or would like to help out with the project please let me know.

http://www.recipetavern.com

__________________

----- ahop -----
http://www.recipetavern.com

Shmohel is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2006, 06:32 PM   #2
Darth Konvel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Darth Konvel's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,046
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default

edit: Figured I should preface this - Don't take any of the below personally or as my way of saying "it must be this way". I'm a usability & design monger, I can't help it ^^;
Misc critiques / suggestions:
- Base text color is a little too light. Given the size of the text, this makes it rather difficult for me to read. I'd suggest darkening a fair amount.

- I noticed there doesn't seem to be a way to simply browse through the recipes. A link off to a seperate page that allowed one to browse through different styles would be great. Suggest placing the link between 'Home' and 'Search'; browse page shows categorical breakdown of recipes in database, etc.

- Would be neat to be able to view other recipes a user has submitted by clicking on their user name. Perhaps a promonent link from their profile to such a list. Also, down towards the bottom of your recipe, it has your username as a link, but it takes me to the forum index as oppose to your profile.

- Idea: Something that I've been looking for in a recipe site is a way to tell how "nailed down" a particular recipe is. Running around, say, the recipator, I don't really have any way of telling if the creater has even ever brewed the recipe, or if it was any good, unless they left some comments regard it.

__________________
-LupusUmbrus
Up Next: ???



Last edited by Darth Konvel; 03-15-2006 at 06:36 PM.
Darth Konvel is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2006, 06:41 PM   #3
sonvolt
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 902
Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Default

Quote:
Submit your recipes for other's to view
There should not be an apostrophe in "others."

Quote:
The site is still in it's public infancy so I am not yet sure how it will grow.
There should not be an apostrophe in "its."

What can I say . . . I'm an English teacher . . .
__________________
sonvolt is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #4
Shmohel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: DC
Posts: 210
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Konvel
edit: Figured I should preface this - Don't take any of the below personally or as my way of saying "it must be this way". I'm a usability & design monger, I can't help it ^^;
none taken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Konvel
Misc critiques / suggestions:
- Base text color is a little too light. Given the size of the text, this makes it rather difficult for me to read. I'd suggest darkening a fair amount.
fair point, i will think about changing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Konvel
- I noticed there doesn't seem to be a way to simply browse through the recipes. A link off to a seperate page that allowed one to browse through different styles would be great. Suggest placing the link between 'Home' and 'Search'; browse page shows categorical breakdown of recipes in database, etc.
something I can easily add. Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Konvel
- Would be neat to be able to view other recipes a user has submitted by clicking on their user name. Perhaps a promonent link from their profile to such a list. Also, down towards the bottom of your recipe, it has your username as a link, but it takes me to the forum index as oppose to your profile.
I already have been planning on adding this to the member profile page, and to the search page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Konvel
- Idea: Something that I've been looking for in a recipe site is a way to tell how "nailed down" a particular recipe is. Running around, say, the recipator, I don't really have any way of telling if the creater has even ever brewed the recipe, or if it was any good, unless they left some comments regard it.
My thoughts exactly. Now you will be able to see how many times the submitter has brewed it, and/or how many times other users have.




Other additions will be printer friendly recipe formats, calculate ABV for batches of beer brewed and SRM,IBU for recipes not submitted via ProMash text file.
__________________

----- ahop -----
http://www.recipetavern.com

Shmohel is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2006, 10:56 AM   #5
BrewBrothaRick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: 20 Miles from Honolulu
Posts: 88
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonvolt
There should not be an apostrophe in "others."



There should not be an apostrophe in "its."

What can I say . . . I'm an English teacher . . .

The Spelling police have struck. Minus ten points.
__________________

Planning: American Pale Ale
Primary: Empty
Secondary: Empty
Secondary#2: #7 Cherry Wheat
Conditioning: #6 Newcastle (best batch ever so far)
Store Bought: Chinese Harbin Lager

BrewBrothaRick is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2006, 12:20 PM   #6
subwyking
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: West Omaha, NE
Posts: 434
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

nice page man. i like it.

__________________
Brewing as often as life will let me.
subwyking is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2006, 12:47 PM   #7
Jester
Senior Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jester's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 612
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I registered, but never got my verification email... anyone else having any problems..??

__________________
Jester is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2006, 01:04 PM   #8
Shmohel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: DC
Posts: 210
Default

Let me know if you still are unable to get into the site. I have removed the email verification for now.

__________________

----- ahop -----
http://www.recipetavern.com

Shmohel is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #9
Jester
Senior Member
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Jester's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 612
Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmohel
Let me know if you still are unable to get into the site. I have removed the email verification for now.
Thanks... now I'm a member... and not "waiting to be validated"....

Jester
__________________
Jester is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-20-2006, 03:47 PM   #10
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
RichBrewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Denver, Colorado
Posts: 5,757
Liked 80 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonvolt
There should not be an apostrophe in "others."



There should not be an apostrophe in "its."

What can I say . . . I'm an English teacher . . .
I hope you are kidding!
__________________

Cheers,
Rich

RichBrewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Bar is Open!! c.n.budz Home Brewing Photo Forum 54 11-17-2009 07:52 PM
How do I get this keg open? Toppers Bottling/Kegging 9 07-21-2008 05:34 PM
How did you open your keg? Limited Visibility Equipment/Sanitation 32 02-18-2008 03:06 AM
FAQ Open! Need Help!!! TxBrew HomeBrewTalk Announcements & Feedback 20 03-22-2005 06:45 PM