Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Received a Cool Compliment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2011, 12:55 AM   #1
tekknoschtev
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Received a Cool Compliment

This past weekend, my girlfriend and I were visiting her sister and brother-in-law, and I decided to bring along some of my homebrew because, well, why not? I brought along a few bottles of my cream ale, Irish red ale, stout and porter. Turns out her brother-in-law isn't a huge stout fan, so he passed on that, as well as the porter (he has no idea what he's missing there but it left more for me). He tried the cream ale, and instantly fell in love. He commented that he's had homebrew before, from some of his friends, but mostly drank it because it was beer and to be polite. This, however, he said he'd actually choose to drink He also was a fan of the Irish red that I made. Its nice hearing feedback from non-homebrewers, especially when the feed back is positive.

This also makes me glad that I built the beer gun to bottle from the keg. I still need to get better at using it, but it was nice to be able to bottle off a few of each of my beers to share

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2011, 01:19 AM   #2
Gridlocked
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 27

That's awesome! I've had similar compliments from my bro-in-law. Well done!

Sweetcel: "try this, it was dry-hopped with a lot of climax."

Old 03-07-2011, 01:30 AM   #3
FrewBrew
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

I think Im the biggest critic of my homebrew. There were a few batches that I found lacking something that some of my friends thought was amazing. I've never had anyone tell me that my beer was bad. My first batch was known to cause a lot of heartburn, but everyone loved it (pumpkin stout)

Primary: 5 gal. Stout
Secondary: 10 gal. Belgian Witbier
On tap: IPA
Ready to brew: 10 gal. Fat Tire clone

Relax, don't worry, Have a Frew Brew

Quick Reply