Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > read if you use MR BEER kit

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2010, 08:18 PM   #21
Byrdbrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
This is what happens when people do a search and some six year old thread catches their fancy. The forum should automatically lock any thread that hasn't had posts in 2+ years.
I don’t know, I kind of disagree. Sometimes some helpful information can come out of reviving an old thread (after all, the same questions get asked over and over). Clearly not in this case, but I have had that happen for me. And ya….sorry, it was me that revived this thread lol, I have a bad habit of not checking the post dates because I rarely respond to a thread of this nature, so the posts usually still offer me good advice when people post back.

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
-Ernest Hemmingway

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2010, 08:19 PM   #22
funkapottomous
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBrewman12 View Post
hey, guys im new to this forum heres what ive noticed... all you guys are brewing with mr beers... and doing a 1 week primary and 1 wwek in bottle and drink... i mena cmon fork up some money and get a good set up... you can get a decent setup for 150 if you dont have to ship it... with a 6.5 glass carboy (primary fermenter - leave beer in here for 7-10 days) , 5 gallon glass carboy (secondary fermentation - leave in for 12-14 days) , 5 gallon bottling bucket w/ spigot, auto siphone, how to brew booklet, sanitizer, capper , etc.

all youll need else is bottles (save and clean your old bud light glass ottles you use from now on) and caps (ike 2 bucks for 100...) main thing here is... im sure the mr beer brew kit makes fine beer... but you can make much better and try more recipes with the 1,2,3 set up... 1 week in primary, 2 weeks in secondary, and 3 weeks in a bottle... but seriosuly my quesiton is DOES ANYONE HERE NOT HAVE A MR BEER?
you must not have read through very many threads.
Old 04-05-2010, 08:48 PM   #23
D_Struct
Recipes 

Necroposting at its finest...

Old 04-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #24
bosco_NJ
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Struct View Post
Necroposting at its finest...
it's rare that i laugh out loud from someones post but this one did!

thanks

Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #25
McKBrew

Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Even more interesting is that the second poster last posted in 2005, but shows activity on the forum as late as 2009.

Make Beer, Not War.

Old 09-13-2013, 06:57 AM   #26
hopsfan76
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
hey, guys im new to this forum heres what ive noticed... all you guys are brewing with mr beers... and doing a 1 week primary and 1 wwek in bottle and drink... i mena cmon fork up some money and get a good set up... you can get a decent setup for 150 if you dont have to ship it... with a 6.5 glass carboy (primary fermenter - leave beer in here for 7-10 days) , 5 gallon glass carboy (secondary fermentation - leave in for 12-14 days) , 5 gallon bottling bucket w/ spigot, auto siphone, how to brew booklet, sanitizer, capper , etc.

all youll need else is bottles (save and clean your old bud light glass ottles you use from now on) and caps (ike 2 bucks for 100...) main thing here is... im sure the mr beer brew kit makes fine beer... but you can make much better and try more recipes with the 1,2,3 set up... 1 week in primary, 2 weeks in secondary, and 3 weeks in a bottle... but seriosuly my quesiton is DOES ANYONE HERE NOT HAVE A MR BEER?
Don't the bud light bottles come in a screw off ? im not sure because i dont drink it, but if you are re-capping bottles my suggestion is sierra nevada. Bottles are super easy to get the labels off and have a good shape. sam adams is another one that is easy to clean labels off.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:46 AM   #27
jhoneycutt
Recipes 

Liked 134 Times on 95 Posts
Likes Given: 1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopsfan76 View Post
Don't the bud light bottles come in a screw off ? im not sure because i dont drink it, but if you are re-capping bottles my suggestion is sierra nevada. Bottles are super easy to get the labels off and have a good shape. sam adams is another one that is easy to clean labels off.
Did you notice the date on that post? Or the post right before yours? Lol no biggie though I think everyone does it once or thrice. But to answer your question yes bud light bottles are screw tops.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:02 PM   #28
USMCMatt
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:

Does anyone here not have spell check? The same thing can be said for your grammar. Mr Beer is an awesome introduction to bigger and better brewing and regardless of what you think of it, we all owe a lot to them for the success of this hobby.

I'm really glad you posted this though, it makes it easier to figure out who the idiots are after 3 posts instead of several.

edit: Oh nevermind, looks like his equipment has been sitting on a shelf for a while now.

Old 03-03-2014, 07:07 PM   #29
djfriesen
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This thread is after our brains!!!!

Old 03-03-2014, 07:15 PM   #30
CB_in_Tokyo
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCMatt View Post
Does anyone here not have spell check? The same thing can be said for your grammar. Mr Beer is an awesome introduction to bigger and better brewing and regardless of what you think of it, we all owe a lot to them for the success of this hobby.

I'm really glad you posted this though, it makes it easier to figure out who the idiots are after 3 posts instead of several.

edit: Oh nevermind, looks like his equipment has been sitting on a shelf for a while now.
Not sure if spell check existed back in 2004 when this thread started.

Quick Reply