Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2008, 02:31 AM   #31
jay075j
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Price, Quality, or Service: Pick two....

Jay

"All right, brain, I don't like you, and you don't like me, so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer." - Homer Simpson

Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2008, 02:03 AM   #32
bushump
Recipes 

31 days! Received my order over the 4th weekend while I was away. Now I can finally get started cranking on kegging that beer. Woooooohoooo!

I received everything I ordered and all items seem to be of good quality. I chose kegkits.com because I was wanting to place a rather large order to get my keezer setup complete and I went with the company I thought had the best prices and all of the parts I was looking for in the quality I was looking for. However, I would never order from this place again if I needed anything in a timely manner. I am not trying to put out the small guy I just want people who order from them to be aware of the shipping woes of this company.

Now off to building my kegerator.

Cheers!

Old 07-07-2008, 04:14 AM   #33
EdWort
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 260 Times on 137 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushump View Post
31 days!
Absolutely unacceptable. I hope they did not charge your card till they shipped your goods.

It almost sounds as if they have a cash flow problem if they are charging immediately upon order and shipping a month later.

Old 07-07-2008, 01:51 PM   #34
-Dan-
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They do charge immidiately, at least they charged mine and I also had to wait about 3 weeks on my order a couple of months ago.

Kulturgüter Hopfen und Malz, Gott erhalt's!

Old 07-07-2008, 02:53 PM   #35
neo82087
Recipes 

I had the exact same experience. Order didn't ship until a month after my card was billed. That entire time he kept saying that one part or another was backordered and would be there the next day and my order would ship.... but it never did! Good products, no complaints about that, but I would DEFINITELY never order from them again. Terrible customer service.

Old 07-07-2008, 03:02 PM   #36
EdWort

Recipes 

Definitely sounds like they are using your money to buy the products you ordered, so you end up waiting for his order to come in, unpack it, pack up your order, then ship it to you.

Almost every mail order merchant I've dealt with does not charge your card till they actually ship the order.

Saving a few bucks, but tying up your money for a month while you sweat wondering if you will ever see it is not worth it when it could have been ordered from a REPUTABLE dealer, shipped immediately and enjoyed for over three weeks.

If this guy is indeed using the float to buy his orders, it's not a good sign. Somewhere down the line the last few customers are going to take it in the shorts.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Old 07-07-2008, 05:49 PM   #37
Jonnio

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
Definitely sounds like they are using your money to buy the products you ordered, so you end up waiting for his order to come in, unpack it, pack up your order, then ship it to you.
It does sound a lot like that, but I have had similar issues when going in and buying items. I think there are two issues that are being fought here. 1) He uses pay-pal for credit card processing, so when placing an order it charges your card. I don't think they have the option for "delayed" charges (I could be wrong here). 2) He doesn't pull items off the website or e-bay when they go out of stock.

I agree totally though, I would not have been willing to wait 30 days to get product, and being internet, I probably would have gotten a refund or filed for a charge back way before then.

I have talked with Tom a fair amount and he seems like a nice guy, but I can't recommend him to people needing items shipped based on the feedback from this forum.

------------------------------------------------
Official member of HBAMAP (Home Brewers Against Murder and Pedophilia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...

Old 07-07-2008, 05:53 PM   #38
EdWort

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnio View Post
It does sound a lot like that, but I have had similar issues when going in and buying items. I think there are two issues that are being fought here. 1) He uses pay-pal for credit card processing, so when placing an order it charges your card. I don't think they have the option for "delayed" charges (I could be wrong here). 2) He doesn't pull items off the website or e-bay when they go out of stock.

I agree totally though, I would not have been willing to wait 30 days to get product, and being internet, I probably would have gotten a refund or filed for a charge back way before then.

I have talked with Tom a fair amount and he seems like a nice guy, but I can't recommend him to people needing items shipped based on the feedback from this forum.
That can explain the immediate charge then, as Paypal is the one dinging the card as soon as you click regardless if anything ships. I could be wrong then on that point.

Still, a month is ridiculous any way you look at it since it appears to be the norm and not an anomaly.

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Old 07-07-2008, 06:05 PM   #39
SC_Ryan
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 21 Posts

I had the exact same experience with kegkits.com. It was about 6 weeks before I recieved my stuff. I would never buy anything from that moron again.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:10 PM   #40
Jonnio

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
Still, a month is ridiculous any way you look at it since it appears to be the norm and not an anomaly.
I totally agree

------------------------------------------------
Official member of HBAMAP (Home Brewers Against Murder and Pedophilia)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Then that means dumping your beer because you think it's bad is tantamount to abortion! And as Big Kahuna says, drinking a beer too soon is tatamount to beer pedophilia...

Closed Thread

Quick Reply