Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2008, 03:16 AM   #21
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3114 Times on 3033 Posts
Likes Given: 161

I suppose I should add that I didn't order a couple dollars worth of tubing and connects, but pretty much everything I would need to build a six faucet kegging system with 4 ball lock and two sanke kegs tapped.

Not a little order by any means, and a fair chunk of change. That's why I'm more than a little anxious about this.

Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2008, 10:22 PM   #22
bushump
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

mmb,
did you receive your order yet? I ordered June 4th. After trying to email several times reached him on 6/15 and said order would go out on thursday 19th because was waiting on perlick faucets that should be in on wednesday. It is now the 25th and still no order for my entire 4 keg setup. I guess live and learn. Sure would be nice to keg that blue moon clone that's in the fermenter. I guess I will go golfing until it comes. LOL

Old 06-26-2008, 01:01 AM   #23
fat x nub

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb View Post
Tried that number just now. Whoever that number was didn't know about the order and said I'd have to call back at 6:00 pm central, 8:00 pm EST.

I take it Kegkits.com is some guy in his garage who gets orders together when he has free time? Not impressed thus far.
6 PM central s 7 PM eastern...not 8

Old 06-26-2008, 12:59 PM   #24
mmb
FNG
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3114 Times on 3033 Posts
Likes Given: 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushump View Post
mmb,
did you receive your order yet? I ordered June 4th. After trying to email several times reached him on 6/15 and said order would go out on thursday 19th because was waiting on perlick faucets that should be in on wednesday. It is now the 25th and still no order for my entire 4 keg setup. I guess live and learn. Sure would be nice to keg that blue moon clone that's in the fermenter. I guess I will go golfing until it comes. LOL
Order arrived Tuesday, June 24th and from the shipping label reads was shipped on June 19th.

All items arrived as ordered.

All told, I'm not disappointed in the quality of the hardware received, but in the service and communication from the shipper. Personally, I would not order from KegKits again, as I am now a month behind on my kegging project.

Had I know about the delays in shipping and the hassle of calling and emailing to check on the status my shipment back in May I would have gone with pretty much any company but KegKits.

Caveat emptor.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:21 PM   #25
MNBugeater

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I have to add to the disappointment also, Im afraid. KegKits is definitely a caveat emptor organization. Service and Communication just isnt there.

I had the same scenario as most that have posted in this thread and there appears to be a common theme.

You place an order, and wait a reasonable amount of time...
Then you call and are unable to get ahold of anyone, so you email...and days pass with no communication.

When Tom finally does get in touch with you, you get the same canned message...Parts were on backorder, but 'coincidentally' YOUR order is going out today.

I started using MicroMatic. Great service, ship times, and prices.

Warren

On Tap: Blonde Ale, Apfelwein, Cinnamon Apfelwein, Amber Ale, Irish Red
Bottled: Porter, Wheat, Barleywine, Cranberry Apfelwein, Amber Ale
Buy Bugeater Brewery Gear

Old 06-26-2008, 02:45 PM   #26
Special Hops
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I've ordered some stuff from him before. Communication is a bit slow but in the end I got everything I needed at a good price.

Old 06-26-2008, 09:43 PM   #27
-Dan-
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If the stuff is not time critical you can order from him since he has good deals quite often. Even if your 'deadline' is 3 weeks from now - don't risk it. That's my experience. Other than that ... the package itself and hardware is A+

Kulturgüter Hopfen und Malz, Gott erhalt's!

Old 06-26-2008, 10:00 PM   #28
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 254 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNBugeater View Post
I started using MicroMatic. Great service, ship times, and prices.
I've been buying from them for years. Great company to do bidness with! They get two thumbs up from me.
www.micromatic.com

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Old 06-27-2008, 01:05 AM   #29
Moonshae
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

I ordered the bulk of my parts from this guy. Same issues..."we're a little behind, your order should ship in a week"...3 weeks in a row. Had I known, paying a little more to cut a month off my order time would have been well worth it...I'll never order from him again.

"You never can tell with bees." --Winnie the Pooh

Old 06-27-2008, 01:19 AM   #30
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 254 Times on 136 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonshae View Post
I ordered the bulk of my parts from this guy. Same issues..."we're a little behind, your order should ship in a week"...3 weeks in a row. Had I known, paying a little more to cut a month off my order time would have been well worth it...I'll never order from him again.
There ya go. How much more would you order been through Micromatic?

You lose a month of use and enjoyment, but you save a few bucks and deal with aggravation and nightmares of being suckered for your money.

I have thought of purchasing from him, but the savings compared to dealing with a real company are not worth it.

I ordered paintball conversion kit from Williams brewing on Wednesday. I get an immediate confirmation via email, and later that day a shipping notice complete with tracking number.

A few weeks ago, I ordered 4 Carbonator Caps online. They called me and told me that they only had 2 in stock and asked if I wanted a partial order shipped or could I wait 3 days till the rest came in.

Night and day difference in customer service and communications. Worth a few extra pennies? You bet!

Cheers,

EdWort

Haus Pale Ale, Bavarian Hefeweizen, Robust Porter, Oktoberfest Ale, Wounded Knee IPA, Rye IPA, BCB IPA, Kolsch, Apfelwein

Closed Thread

Quick Reply