The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2009, 05:59 PM   #201
purechaos
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

skip the BBB, file a claim with your state attorney general office and the alabama attorney general office.

in case you need it this is his home address

Tom Hargrave
1023 Shiloh St.
Huntsville, Alabama 35803

Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 06:23 PM   #202
macabra11
Recipes 

Wow! I am soooooooo glad I read this forum! I have been comparing prices and such for tower keezer conversion kits and cornys etc. I certainly will not ever order from this guy. I despise people that do things half-azzed! And this guy is CHARGING FOR IT! I agree with the poster who said to change the title of the post "DON'T ORDER FROM TOM..." and place as sticky!

- macabra11
B - double E - double R - U - N

Old 05-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #203
WortMonger
United States Mashtronaut
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Yeah, we need a buyers beware thread that links to all the relevant brewing related businesses. It is OUR opinions after all that make this forum so great, how could a little honesty about businesses be a bad thing? Some of our vendors frequent our objections and try to make them right. Maybe this guy will get with the program , but I doubt it. He needs to learn his lesson with a failed business, as far as this forum is concerned, I feel anyways.

"It's like a 15.5 gallon Mr. Beer!"

Old 05-19-2009, 08:12 PM   #204
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 251 Times on 135 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by purechaos View Post
skip the BBB, file a claim with your state attorney general office and the alabama attorney general office.

in case you need it this is his home address

Tom Hargrave
1023 Shiloh St.
Huntsville, Alabama 35803

Great idea. Here's where and how to do it.

Quote:
First, Tips on How to Resolve a Complaint...

As soon as you become aware of a problem, approach the business or entity and state specifically the nature of your complaint. Take along your receipt, any guarantee or warranty, and, if possible, the product. Be assertive! If you are told by a salesperson that he or she cannot help you, ask for a higher authority such as the manager or owner. When complaining by mail, give the brand, model, size, color, and any other details needed to identify the product. Include a statement of the circumstances regarding your complaint. Keep a copy of your complaint letter and all correspondence you receive. If you return a product by mail, be sure to have it insured.

Filing a Complaint

When you file an online complaint form, be certain you read and understand the disclosure information provided at the end of the complaint form. It may be particularly important to your situation and could affect this Office's ability to assist you in resolving your complaint!

In order for a complaint file to be opened in the Attorney General's Office, the consumer must first complete an official Complaint Form, an online Complaint Form (see link below), or a send a description of the complaint by letter, and include copies of all correspondence, receipts, etc. to:

Consumer Affairs Section
Office of the Attorney General
500 Dexter Avenue
Montgomery, Alabama 36130-0152
(334) 242-7334 Fax (334)-242-2433

Please remember that we cannot serve as your attorney or give you legal advice. Also, please be aware that copies of all of your correspondence with this office may be forwarded to the business that is the subject of your complaint, as well as to other governmental agencies. We do appreciate the sensitive nature of the identifying information in your consumer complaint, and it is our policy to redact your personal identifying information when releasing records pursuant to public records requests. Please be aware, however, we cannot guarantee that we will not be ordered by a court or other lawful authority to release your complaint information with your personal identifying information on it.

Online Complaint Form

GO TO THE ONLINE CONSUMER COMPLAINT FORM »

Old 05-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #205
EdWort

Recipes 

Default Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/kegk...-runner-68340/

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f14/less...egkits-113969/

Link to Tom Hargrave Sales dba Kegkits.com's BBB rating.

Quote:
Based on BBB files, this business has a BBB Rating of F.

Reasons for this rating include:
  • Failure to respond to complaints filed against business.
  • BBB does not have sufficient information to determine how long this business has been operating.
  • BBB does not have sufficient background information on this business.
BBB Review of Tom Hargrave Sales in Huntsville, AL

Another BBB rating in a different business section.

BBB Review of Kegkits dba Tom Hargrave in Huntsville, AL

Quote:
Customer Complaint History

When considering complaint information, please take into account the company's size and volume of transactions, and understand that the nature of complaints and a firm's responses to them are often more important than the number of complaints.
BBB processed a total of 5 complaints about this company in the last 36 months, our standard reporting period. Of the total of 5 complaints closed in 36 months, 5 were closed in the last year.
Delivery Issues BBB Definition:

Delivery Issues - Claims alleging delayed delivery of ordered merchandise. Resolved BBB Definition:

Resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues. 1 - Company resolved BBB Definition:

resolved - The company resolved the complaint issues. the complaint issues. The consumer acknowledged acceptance to BBB. No Response BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint. 2 - Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues. Customer Service Issues BBB Definition:

Service Issues - Claims of alleged delay in completing service, failure to provide promised service, inferior quality of provided service, or damaged merchandise as a result of delivery service.
BBB Definition:

Customer Service Issues - Claims alleging unsatisfactory customer service, including personnel's failure to provide assistance in a timely manner, failure to address or respond to customer dissatisfaction, unavailability for customer support, and/or inappropriate behavior or attitude exhibited by company staff. No Response BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint. 1 - Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues. Refund or Exchange Issues BBB Definition:

Refund or Exchange Issues - Claim of alleged failure to honor company policy or verbal commitment to provide refunds, exchanges, or credit for products or services. No Response BBB Definition:

No Response - The company failed to respond to the complaint. Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.
Old 05-19-2009, 08:22 PM   #206
EdWort

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bull8042 View Post
You know Ed, that might be a really good thing to put into a sticky in the kegging forum. As you know, I have been around here a while, but a few weeks ago when I was purchasing my kegging "goodies" I could have just as easily ended up sending this goober my money instead of KegConnection. Others, especially n00bs may not be aware of this issue or have stumbled on this thread yet. Everyone needs to know BEFORE it is too late, and the kegging faq would be a perfect place along with a link to this thread.
Good idea. I made a sticky referencing two threads and his BBB F'n rating. I'll leave it there simply as public service announcement.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:36 PM   #207
bull8042
I like 'em shaved

Recipes 

Liked 444 Times on 443 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdWort View Post
Good idea. I made a sticky referencing two threads and his BBB F'n rating. I'll leave it there simply as public service announcement.
That was a great service to every user of this forum. Kudos to you sir!

"I do gravity feed the last gallon or two through my Therminator, but I expect you could suck start a Volkswagen before you could suck start one of these. - GilaMinumBeer

"..... Bull was right." - TXCurtis

Old 05-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #208
TheCHICompany
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

WOW...and we think we have failed if our orders are not processed and shipped on the same day!.....

Old 05-20-2009, 02:07 AM   #209
WortMonger
United States Mashtronaut

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 25 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Ed is a superhero!!!

"It's like a 15.5 gallon Mr. Beer!"

Old 05-20-2009, 02:14 AM   #210
Opherman47

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

yah its a sad situation for sure, however they are close to legalizing homebrewing in alabama, see freethehops.org ... i talked to tom since i actually know him, once they legalize homebrewing he is gonna move to a more public store front, and hire some help, cause he just cant keep up.... i still send him business when he is the cheapest however, most of his customers are huntsville alabama locals....

Closed Thread

Quick Reply