Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-28-2009, 03:06 PM   #121
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3118 Times on 3035 Posts
Likes Given: 161

From the multiple threads about this supplier the general consensus is that you'll get the items ordered, for the most part. Little items like orings may be missing or rebuild kits *might* not be complete.

But the items will show up eventually. Good luck.

Quick reply to this message
Old 04-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #122
vautourj
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Thanks a ton! I'll stick it out a bit longer, just want to get my new project on its way.
-JtheB

Old 04-28-2009, 11:27 PM   #123
Moose777

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

What's with all the "No offense but..." posts.

Fug yes I would take offense. This isn't one random order people are having issues with it's a regular course of business with this outfit.
I'd never order from them and if I did and had problems I sure the hell wouldn't be so pc in criticizing them.
My .02

Old 04-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #124
chris1979
Recipes 

glad i saw this thread i almost placed an order with him has some jam up prices. but ill pay more for better service.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:22 PM   #125
iceman80403
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I ordered ~$250 from kegkits.com a couple months back and everything went smoothly. The shipping was a little slow, but nothing to complain about. Also, I've heard, but haven't verified, that it's illegal for online retailers to charge you for a purchase until it is actually shipped...

Old 04-29-2009, 04:06 PM   #126
giligson
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman80403 View Post
... Also, I've heard, but haven't verified, that it's illegal for online retailers to charge you for a purchase until it is actually shipped...
No such law.
Ordered from Kegkits before, had trouble with shipping, got a hold of the seller and eventually everything arrived - but slow.

We who are about to Brew, salute you!

Old 04-29-2009, 07:16 PM   #127
missing link
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

This is odd. I had an online business not related to beer and the number one secret for me was fast response to e-mails and phone messages and letting a customer know if I had to hold an order because something was back ordered. Not doing any of these 3 things sinks your business quickly in the world of internet forums. I used the same paypal payment system he is using. If there was going to be a wait, I would offer to refund the money and e-mail them when the item was in.

Linc

Tap#1 = Beer
Tap#2 = Beer

THey change to often to keep up with the Sig.

Old 05-05-2009, 04:35 AM   #128
Ronster
Recipes 

I ordered some stuff from them back on the 6th of April. I to got the email invoice as soon as I ordered with the three day statement... It still has not arrived (1 month later), he wont answer emails and Im about to get pissed. I tried calling, but being from Alaska it tells me that he does not allow calls from "outside the u.s".

I will give it until Friday then my next call will be to the better business bureau.

Old 05-05-2009, 11:20 AM   #129
datamike
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It's not illegal, but it is in violation of Visa, Discover and Amex merchant rules. Don't order from Tom Hargrave at kegkits.com. He's very responsive - until he receives your order, then you'll never hear from him. I did receive most of the stuff I ordered, but only after I threatened him with a chargeback. I'll be disputing the charges from him once I get my bill.

Too many chargebacks will result in a credit card company pulling your account, or at least increasing your fees.

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman80403 View Post
I ordered ~$250 from kegkits.com a couple months back and everything went smoothly. The shipping was a little slow, but nothing to complain about. Also, I've heard, but haven't verified, that it's illegal for online retailers to charge you for a purchase until it is actually shipped...

Old 05-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #130
masonsjax
Professional Amateur

Recipes 

Liked 285 Times on 208 Posts
Likes Given: 282

I escalated my Paypal dispute to a claim. They gave Tom a week to respond, which he did not. Now I'm waiting for Paypal's verdict, and insco2 is out of kegs. Grrrr!

Last edited by masonsjax; 05-05-2009 at 01:52 PM. Reason: wrong thread, oops.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply