Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2009, 02:23 PM   #111
chumprock
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHAYES View Post
I ordered a couple kegs in Feb, still not here emailed him and said i was going to contact my credit card company to reverse the charges. He emailed back that day and said that it would go out soon or he could just cancel it for me and refund, I chose the later no more worrying if/when they will be here.
So did you get the chargeback, or did he just give you more lip service?

Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2009, 05:39 PM   #112
Buzzlitebeer
Recipes 

Warning!! He did the same thing to me. On 3/20 he said he'd have no problem crediting my card. I followed up with two more emails asking him to do it. I also called/ left a couple of voice messages. Nothing! I kept documentation of all of this and took it up with my bank. Today I just got news that my bank credited me back the money. Take that Tom!!! Him telling you he'll do something doesn't mean he'll do it. Your not out of the woods yet!

Old 04-21-2009, 05:49 PM   #113
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3155 Times on 3062 Posts
Likes Given: 167

His card processors will not look favorably on charge backs. Too many and it's bad news.

Old 04-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #114
Opherman47

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

a note about kegkits... i know the guy that owns it, and he runs it part time... on the weekends.. it took him a bit to figure out how to get everything taken care of..... if you are gonna call him, only call him on the weekends, the hours are posted on the website..... it also helps the brew scene in alabama where homebrewing is not illegal, i have spent between my friends and I, over $1,500 dollars at his store, he is an honest guy who does his best to give the best prices.... just thought i would add that, he takes care of his customers, it just may not be as fast as some of the big guys... as far as ordering, i would just call him on the saturdays, and ask him... its lame that you have to go through this, but if you want the cheap prices.... its kinda how he operates.... if not, i would go to some of the big guys

Old 04-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #115
HBRunner
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

uhh, homebrewing is Illegal in Alabama

Chad

Primary: Rogue Dead Guy clone, Sweetwater 420 clone
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: I don't bottle
Next up: IPA and something, and american ale maybe

Kegged:Chocolate Oatmeal Stoute

Old 04-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #116
mmb
FNG

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opherman47 View Post
a note about kegkits... i know the guy that owns it, and he runs it part time... on the weekends.. it took him a bit to figure out how to get everything taken care of..... if you are gonna call him, only call him on the weekends, the hours are posted on the website..... it also helps the brew scene in alabama where homebrewing is not illegal, i have spent between my friends and I, over $1,500 dollars at his store, he is an honest guy who does his best to give the best prices.... just thought i would add that, he takes care of his customers, it just may not be as fast as some of the big guys... as far as ordering, i would just call him on the saturdays, and ask him... its lame that you have to go through this, but if you want the cheap prices.... its kinda how he operates.... if not, i would go to some of the big guys

In my experience, he doesn't answer the phone, doesn't return calls, doesn't answer email order status questions, tells you incorrect shipping information and the "cheap" prices might save you around 8% - 10% of what the other vendors charge but will take literally a month to get to your door.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f11/kegk...-runner-68340/

Old 04-27-2009, 10:08 PM   #117
Opherman47

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

im just saying ive not had a problem, of course i can go pick stuff up from him directly at the store, its an hour and a half drive, or have my buddy do it

Old 04-28-2009, 02:25 AM   #118
illin8
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If someone decides that they are going to run a store (of any kind), they need to provide a little bit of service and at least a half-assed commitment to the customer. Taking people's money and then 'getting to it when I get to it' is not something to be defended. Doubtful this dood will stay in business keeping up this kind of practice.

Bottle Conditioning: AHS Oktoberfest, Biermuncher's Centennial Blonde

On deck: Nothing (recently moved/working on the laundry list)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
Love is not a pink heart on a Hallmark card. It is a curse on mankind in which the male of the species must continually struggle to gain his own happiness by means of satiating the batcrap crazy stupid whims of the lady with the snaky hair.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:28 AM   #119
mmb
FNG

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by illin8 View Post
If someone decides that they are going to run a store (of any kind), they need to provide a little bit of service and at least a half-assed commitment to the customer. Taking people's money and then 'getting to it when I get to it' is not something to be defended. Doubtful this dood will stay in business keeping up this kind of practice.
Lots of people on the internet to make the mistake once.

Old 04-28-2009, 02:59 PM   #120
vautourj
Recipes 

Default Question about KegKits.com Order

So I ordered a new 3 gallon keg with a couple of quick connects from KegKits.com on April 21. Its only been a week, which apparently is not a long time for this guy to ship things.

Should I continue to wait, or start hassling him via email and phone. Is that what it takes to get this guy to ship?

I don't mind waiting as long as I know it will come. They/Pay Pal has already charged my credit card.

Also 3 gallon kegs are very rare, and even USED ones are going for $100 plus on ebay if even at all. I only paid a little over $100 for a BRAND NEW one. I wonder if those even exist.

Your help much appreciated.

I have sent a friendly email to him asking about my order status yesterday, no response so far.

Thanks,
John the Brewer

Closed Thread

Quick Reply