Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #91
Jmac
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

check out kegconnection.com.. they were very good to work with and I have plans to upgrade my setup soon.

Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2009, 12:12 AM   #92
DocBrown
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I live in the Huntsville area and have purchased the majority of my brewing equipment from kegkits. Please don't try to ruin his business. Kegkits is the only decent LHBS we have around here! I can understand the frustration over the delays. However, Tom works full-time as a programmer I believe. He is usually only at the store on Friday evenings and part of the day Saturday, and that's assuming he doesn't have other family issues getting in the way. He runs the store completely by himself. While that doesn't excuse slow feedback and poor customer service, it may at least help explain it somewhat. Also, I'm not sure how much of the keg equipment he actually keeps in inventory. I went out there last weekend and he had run out of about half the hop varieties listed on his site. It's possible his filling of the keg orders is dependent on him making a trip out to his suppliers, and as a one-man operation, he can't do that as frequently as you (or he) might like.

Old 04-15-2009, 02:39 AM   #93
HillbillyDeluxe
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

He should make that perfectly clear that this is a sideline for him. No problem with that, my problem with guys like that are the fact that the check clears weeks before the order ships. Its not right. If they cant handle the volume on occasion and are honest and let you know what is going on, it happens. But, telling this guy his order shipped, finding out weeks later it didnt, then the stuff dont work. Come on! Not his first Rodeo on here either. Firs screw up, it happens. Even a few screw ups if he is honest, OK. But you lie to me, i call you out and let every human i know what a POS you are and the character you have. I dont deal with liars or people without integrity. They can starve to the point they cant make sperm and then they cant contaminate the gene pool the rest of us are forced to swim in.!!!!!!!!!!

Im not a really opinionated person though, just the first thing that popped in mymind. Sorry, filter was off today.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:41 PM   #94
Irie5447
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yeah, well as far as I'm concerned he is scamming us all to some extent. His website is very misleading and contains false information. If he is charging customers first and then purchasing the products with their money and waiting to receive them and then ship them to the customer, why does it say that all items ship within 48 hours? I wouldn't have bought anything from him if I knew this! He only answers or responds to the messages that he wants to! I will never purchase anything from this conman and will let everyone know how horrible his business practices are. He might be a great guy and upfront if you visit his place in person but he is taking advantage of his mail order customers. I mean my credit card was charges 2 hours after I ordered online and it took over a month and a half to receive over $250 worth of merchandise. I can see some stuff maybe being out of stock but there is no way all of it could of been. This guy should be shut down!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:04 PM   #95
HillbillyDeluxe
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Preach on brother!!!! (not that i'm instigating) It has become a standard in america not to praise the exeptional, and not to hurt the feelings of the incompetent(Spellers to). I say burn him (metaphorically of course) at the stake in the town square. Either improve the service, or get the hell out of the service industry!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:11 PM   #96
TheCHICompany
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

If not buying consumable ingrediants, try chicompany.net.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:29 PM   #97
EonBlue66
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
check out kegconnection.com.. they were very good to work with and I have plans to upgrade my setup soon.
+1 I received my Keg Connection order in a week

We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been.

Spiral out. Keep going, going...

Old 04-18-2009, 12:31 PM   #98
Stubbs5150
Recipes 

sadly, I can join this long list. i haven't been waiting months for a couple of faucets, only weeks, but i agree that it is false advertising to say you will ship in a certain amount of time. i emailed kegkits with no response. i will email him one more time, if no answer in a reasonable amount of time i will call my cc company. if you can't handle the net business, get off the net. and i will research on this forum companies before ordering again.

Old 04-18-2009, 01:15 PM   #99
Daddymem
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 44

Is this kegkits the same that just opened up yet another forum?

I don't have "hobbies", I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set.

Little House On the Sand Pit on Wordpress
Two If By Sea Brewing (2XC) on Facebook
Facebook BIAB Group
Facebook Southcoast Homebrewers Association
SCHBAMA@gmail.com
Partigyles Gone Wild on Basic Brewing Radio <-Hey, that's me!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:49 PM   #100
masonsjax
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 336 Times on 243 Posts
Likes Given: 339

I ordered nearly $400 worth of stuff about 6 weeks ago. I emailed 3 times to see where he went with my money, and never got a reply. I filed a dispute with paypal and got a response from Tom the next day. He assured me he was legit, but very busy and was waiting on my faucets to come in. Fine, but where was the email telling me this?

He then shipped my stuff a few days later, minus the kegs, saying that they were on backorder. I'm still waiting for those, and he has not responded to my last 3 messages asking approximately when I can expect them. Paypal will automatically close the dispute soon, meaning I will have no further recourse. So if I don't get either the kegs, or a tracking number within a few days, I'll be escalating the issue and hopefully get at least a partial refund that I can use to support someone that deserves my business.

My issue is that he leaves you hanging. A customer should never have to get a third party involved just to find out if he was scammed or not. Nice guy or not, his practices are dishonest, misleading, and unacceptable. I'll be shopping elsewhere from now on.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS