Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Read this before you buy from Kegkits.com
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2008, 05:35 PM   #1
mmb
FNG
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3155 Times on 3062 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Default Beware of KegKits.com

MOD EDIT: Multiple threads merged. Bottom line - kegkits.com is not a reputable supplier.

Anyone know if kegkits.com (Tom Hargrave) is still in business or not?

Ordered quite a bit of hardware from kegkits.com Friday of last week, (5/30) and promptly recieved an invoice email. Credit Card was billed on the 3rd.

All calls going into the 1-866 number ended up being forwarded to a "full mailbox" and you get hung up on. Multiple emails to sales@kegkits.com have gone unanswered. Not great feelings for customer service here.

Anyone have any other contact information for contacts or do I have to start a charge back on this vendor?

Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
HarvInSTL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Have you tried reaching him @ 256-656-1924?

Edit:
Also Balto Charlie contacted me back in Feb 2008 regarding Tom @ KegKits and hopefully this isn't a new trend we are seeing with his customer service.

Quote:
Hey HarvinSTL: Since you have ordered from him I thought I would tell you my current situation. I ordered a bunch of kegging supplies from kegkits. That was almost 2 weeks ago. I don't want to slam their name but I am getting no replies to my emails. Slow shipping is one thing but no response is not right. When you bought from him how fast did he ship? He said they would ship in 3 days and send shipping info. So far 3 emails, 12 days and nothing. I don't want to slam this guy but I need the stuff. If he would tell me that he can't fill the order then I would be fine with that. But nothing at all. Did he treat you this way? He was so quick to answer my emails before I ordered. Any input? Thanks Charlie
I can tell you that Tom is anwsering his emails because he just sent one on Wednesday to the AHA TechTalk email list.

Secondary: 9/9/9/-My version, Carbernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Raspberry Melomel

On deck: Tripel, 5 day IPA Squared, White Russian Imperial Stout

Live in Saint Louis, MO? Then check out www.stlbrews.org and www.garagebrewers.com

Last edited by HarvInSTL; 06-06-2008 at 05:45 PM.

Old 06-06-2008, 05:57 PM   #3
mmb
FNG

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvInSTL View Post
Have you tried reaching him @ 256-656-1924?

Edit:
Also Balto Charlie contacted me back in Feb 2008 regarding Tom @ KegKits and hopefully this isn't a new trend we are seeing with his customer service.
I can tell you that Tom is anwsering his emails because he just sent one on Wednesday to the AHA TechTalk email list.
Tried that number just now. Whoever that number was didn't know about the order and said I'd have to call back at 6:00 pm central.

I take it Kegkits.com is some guy in his garage who gets orders together when he has free time? Not impressed thus far.

Last edited by mmb; 06-26-2008 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Correcting the Time Continuum

Old 06-06-2008, 08:19 PM   #4
HarvInSTL

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmb View Post
Tried that number just now. Whoever that number was didn't know about the order and said I'd have to call back at 6:00 pm central, 8:00 pm EST.

I take it Kegkits.com is some guy in his garage who gets orders together when he has free time? Not impressed thus far.
When ever I had to contact him I called his toll free number.

That is the number he puts at the bottom of his emails when he sends messages to the AHA TechTalk email list.

Secondary: 9/9/9/-My version, Carbernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Raspberry Melomel

On deck: Tripel, 5 day IPA Squared, White Russian Imperial Stout

Live in Saint Louis, MO? Then check out www.stlbrews.org and www.garagebrewers.com

Old 06-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #5
HBRunner
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

He actually has a place of business, he is only open on Fri. nites and Sat.
But he does work evenings during the week I'm told.....

I've always picked up my orders, (grains and other stuff...)

not sure how he is to net order stuff...

Fri- 6-9 pm
Sat, I think 12-6 or something like that

Chad

Primary: Rogue Dead Guy clone, Sweetwater 420 clone
Secondary: Empty
Bottled: I don't bottle
Next up: IPA and something, and american ale maybe

Kegged:Chocolate Oatmeal Stoute

Old 06-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #6
Sir Humpsalot

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

My order took a long time. After two weeks, I emailed him, he responded, and I had my stuff a few days later.

I agree, he's slow, but the good news is, I did get my stuff.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:23 AM   #7
mmb
FNG

Recipes 

Well, he has decent pricing, but he should modify his invoice emails that say orders ship within 3 days.

I'll let it ride another week.

Old 06-08-2008, 12:50 AM   #8
Hoosierbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

If not, go to Adventures in Homebrewing in Dearborn. He helped me get set up for a keg.

Primary: IPA
Secondary: empty
Keg 1: American Wheat
Keg2: German Ale
Next up: Christmas Old Ale, American Wheat AG, need suggestions

Old 06-08-2008, 03:18 AM   #9
davebl
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I ordered a keg from him. About 2 weeks after no email replies, and no goods, I started calling. Every time I got "I'm not at my office, so call back later tonight." I did, every time, and every time that night his response was "it should go out soon." After about another week of this, I finally found out from him that he gets kegs in large shipments, and my keg was in this shipment..... which he hadn't received yet.

I ended up getting my keg close to a month after I ordered. I have better luck with ebay, sadly.

Planning:

Primary: Sam Smith Oatmeal Stout

Secondary: Centennial IPA (Dry Hopping)

Kegged: Oberon Clone, Kona Fire Rock APA, Northern English Brown, Centennial Blond

Old 06-15-2008, 12:47 PM   #10
bushump
Recipes 

Oh, how I wish I would have seen this post before ordering from kegkits. I ordered on June 4th. Thinking that a week and a half would be plenty of time as I wanted to have my kegerator completely setup by this weekend. Got my credit card charged on the 7th and still no products on around $250 in merchandise. Can't get any responses from any of the emails I send them. Just plain bad service. I could stand if they gave you an email or response that said they are waiting on something but this is ridiculous.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply