New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Randy Mosher's Gingerbread ale recipe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #1
ColonelForbin
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Randy Mosher's Gingerbread ale recipe

in moshers radical brewing book he talks about making a beer that taste like gingerbread using a lightly hopped brown ale as a base and adding 4gs of cinnamon, 2gs of ground ginger, 1g of allspice, and 1 gram of clove(in another section of the book he mentions that he uses nugmeg also but it isn't listed as an ingredient.) he says to just add these at the end of the boil and you should have liquid bread.

has anyone tried this yet? also should i use the nutmeg while making this and if so how much.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
Lodovico
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post
in moshers radical brewing book he talks about making a beer that taste like gingerbread using a lightly hopped brown ale as a base and adding 4gs of cinnamon, 2gs of ground ginger, 1g of allspice, and 1 gram of clove(in another section of the book he mentions that he uses nugmeg also but it isn't listed as an ingredient.) he says to just add these at the end of the boil and you should have liquid bread.

has anyone tried this yet? also should i use the nutmeg while making this and if so how much.
Can't really answer your question but I've been thinking of trying to make a Gingerbread Porter. I would probably do a Brown Porter and then some of the spicing you are talking about.

On Draft: Mild
On Draft: IPA
On Draft: Belgian Pale Ale
In Bottle: Brett Porter
In Bottle: Flanders Red
In Bottle: Oud Bruin
Fermentor: Biere De Garde
Fermentor: Belgian Amber Ale

Old 09-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #3
Pittsburghbeerers
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColonelForbin View Post

I tried this one last year and it was a big hit! So i'm making a 10 gallon batch tonight. I didn't use nutmeg nor clove and it turned out pretty damn tasty.
Old 10-17-2011, 01:02 AM   #4
dolphins30
Recipes 

How long did you have each of the spices in the boil?

Old 10-17-2011, 03:05 AM   #5
DoctorB2B
Recipes 

Drop those spices in with two minutes left ... gives you a nice aromatic component!

Old 10-17-2011, 01:25 PM   #6
ceweldon
Recipes 

I used the spices he mentions in my pumpkin ale, just brewed 10 gallons on Sat. It smells freaking amazing, literally just like pumpkin pie.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:34 PM   #7
beerandfoodnerd
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Can I get your recipe? I'm already excited about making a Gingerbread Ale - and your enthusiasm has made it impossible to wait any longer! Thanks!!

Quick Reply