Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Question about blanketing a carboy or bottle with CO2

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 08:25 PM   #1
GroosBrewz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Default Question about blanketing a carboy or bottle with CO2

I have a 4 tap kegerator that I use with cornies.. Lately I have been wanting to experiment with fruit beers and fill some growlers. Mosher says you should blanket your carboy with CO2 to displace the oxygen before adding fruit.. I would assume you would also want to do this before filling a growler, but I also assume it's not 100% necessary-

ANYWAY, the question I have is what kind of mechanism do you use to blanket a carboy with CO2? What kind of connector would a guy need to add to his kegging system to be able to "squirt" CO2? Is there some kind of wand or "gun"? I know you can do this with a blichmann bottle filler, but I am not interested in purchasing one at this time.

Thanks for the help

Tap 1- JubelAle Clone
Tap 2- Evening Bite Pale Ale
Tap 3- Twilight Clone
Tap 4- Dicks Danger Ale Clone

"Today I felt like burning some calories....So I found a fat kid and set him on fire"

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #2
Walker
I use secondaries. :p
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 11

all you need is a hose attached to a stopcock valve on your CO2 system (like the valves show in the pic below). Put the hose into the vessel, and open the valve for a little bit.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply