Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Pure Blond Recipe???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #1
Kevin1135
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Pure Blond Recipe???

Hello everyone. First I want to apologize if this is in the wrong spot. Since I am asking for a recipe, I didn't feel it was worthy of being in the actual recipe section. So, here we go...

My wife visited Australia and all she could talk about was the beer called Pure Blonde. She absolutely loved it. I myself have never tried of so I can't begin to describe what it taste like. Unfortunately, you cannot get this beer in the US, because Australia doesn't export it.

So, my question to everyone is, do you have a recipe for a clone of this beer? Or does anyone know of a recipe that is close to the taste of this beer? I want to surprise my wife with this for our anniversary, but so far have been unlucky. I greatly appreciate everyone's help, and again apologize if this is posted in the wrong place.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2012, 02:18 AM   #2
hunter551
Recipes 

It's a low-carb megaswill australian lager. So basically pilsner malt with a large amount of sugar to make it up to 4.5% i think. Also low bitterness with no hop flavour or aroma.

Old 10-22-2012, 09:28 AM   #3
kenlock
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 4

You'll also need to use dry enzyme to help your yeasties "eat" a lot of the remaining sugars. Leaving you with a drier, and less flavoursome beer. Hops would be pride of ringwood but saaz would be fine, giving that you're only adding a bitterness addition. Wyeast Danish, or something similiar.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #4
Kevin1135
Recipes 

Ok, this is great help! I really appreciate the comments you all have provided.

I have done some research on it and the beer sounds like a very light crisp taste that's a very smooth drinker. So, it doesn't seem to be real intense.

Quick Reply