Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Pumpkin Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #1
XrandyrodX
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Pumpkin Beer

I am trying to make a pumpkin beer. I was thinking I would also use some whole allspice and cinnamon sticks to give it the flavor of a pumpkin pie almost. I would think using whole allspice and whole cinnamon would be better so that there wouldn't be flaky granules within the wort. I have never brewed with spices or with pumpkin so any advice will help.

Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2011, 02:26 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2776 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

Pumpkin beers: Discussion, developing recipes, tips tricks, and a good practices

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 06-21-2011, 02:36 AM   #3
JoeyChopps
Recipes 

Liked 278 Times on 188 Posts

I did a pumpkin brew last year and plan to do another I got 4 lbs of fresh cooked at 350 for 30 mins I added half for 60 mins to the boil and the other half right in the carboy. I also used 2 whole nutmegs 1 nutmeg went in last 5 mins of the boil the other we into the sec fermentor then 3 cinnamon sticks 2 with the last 5 mins of boil and 1 in sec fermentor and 6 whole cloves 4 cloves last 5 mins of boil and 2 in sec fermentor ( hope that wasn't to confusing ) this beer was awesome but this year I will use less cloves.
Cheers Chopps

Quick Reply