Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Pumpkin Ales

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2011, 02:47 AM   #31
jonmohno
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 410 Times on 361 Posts
Likes Given: 1188

Smashed was my winner this year bought three bottles even.Although i was a little disaapointed in the 2nd and 3rd bottle than the first slightly.Even said it was my favorate, i really thought Lakefronts pumpkin lager was a standout,of the rest of the pumpkins i tried the rest were so-so to decent.Didnt get to try some of the other good ones like ichabod.I didnt think the heavy seas oktoberfest was much but didnt get to try their pumpkin.
The absoulute worst was Shipyards pumpkinhead for me without the spice it may have been a good beer but with the spice it was cola.I liked shocktops pumpkin wheat much more than that one.Completely underating them at first.
I was pretty surprised how well most of the pumpkins i tried were pretty good, wish i got ahold of sheflyas(sp? from MO) pumpkin,it was always sold out before i could try it. Oh well they have other very good beers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply