Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Pub equipment!!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-26-2011, 08:14 PM   #1
BrewUpAndSup
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Pub equipment!!

Today I was told I had access to anything I want from a pub that a member of my family has just bought to turn into offices On the upside there is a cellar full of stuff. I don't know what half the stuff is but basically the old owners went and left everything! Should I go and grab everything I can and keep hold of it until I've learnt what to do with it or let them skip it all?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2011, 08:20 PM   #2
djfriesen
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 5

If you have a place to keep it, why not get a UHaul for the day? Never know when it could come in handy. Also, take some pictures and post 'em up here. Maybe we can all drool over it.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:21 PM   #3
Flomaster
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 37

YES you grab anything and everything.... keep what you want and sell off the rest.

-=Jason=-

Old 11-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #4
BrewUpAndSup
Recipes 

I have my own van so that's not a problem. It just scares me as I have no idea how it all works, haha

Old 11-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #5
day_trippr
Recipes 

Liked 1237 Times on 998 Posts

So, where are you located?

Take a magnet, and grab every metal thing it won't stick to. You can sort it all out later...

Cheers!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
OldWorld
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 10 Posts

You take everything even it means leaving a brewery in front of your lawn...Tell home owners association to bite your behind...

Get the stuff ASAP...you could easily sell it off to an aspiring pub owner for 1/3 of the actual value and have money for yourself to buy some conicals and have your own garage microbrewery

Do it!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:47 PM   #7
Thundercougarfalconbird
Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Yes, youll have to post pictures. I'm very interested in the swag you come out with.

The best beer I ever made was the next one I brew.

Old 11-26-2011, 08:52 PM   #8
beninan
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 13 Posts

Pics or it didn't happen!

Not knowing how to use the equipment is easy to fix. Just ask, "what is this, and how do I use it?" and I'm sure people here are nice enough to give you some insight.

I'd say, get everything you can and hold on to it, figure out how it all works, see if you really want/need it for your uses, and sell the rest. I'm sure if you put a thread on here about selling some brew equipment, you will have buyers.

"Stop giving me credit for those stupid quotes! For that last time it wasn't me! STFU NOOB!" <-- Benjamin Franklin

Old 11-26-2011, 09:02 PM   #9
Edd
Recipes 

If the pub is closed down and is being turned into offices most of the beer lines will be useless, having had stale beer in them for a long time. Flojets and cellarbuoys are probably salvagable, and if there is a compressor in there it is worth its weight in gold, particularly if you have a cellar and want to run beer up from there directly - will save you a fortune on gas.

See if there are any decent brasses on the handpulls if there are any too. I manage a pub for a brewery which has just opened up another pub installing hand pumps which apparently cost £1000 each, though this is clearly well above average they are definitely worth having if you can get them. If nothing else it will make any bar you build at home pretty sweet.

Finally, breweriana. Any signs from the 60's or earlier, ideally made of enamelled metal, advertising beer, cigarettes or liquor. Aside from being awesome these are now worth a fortune on ebay.

In brewing terms you will probably find a few connectors and some decent odds and ends, but, realistically there may be little of use to you

Old 11-27-2011, 02:07 AM   #10
fletchsj
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

restaurant supply stores will want a lot of it if you cant use it. post up some pics and we can oogle

Quick Reply