Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Psychology of another person's homebrew

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2007, 09:39 PM   #51
Jeepsn beer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

when I brew a style I usually go buy a couple bottles of the same style to drink while brewing and compare to mine later. I pour a commercial and a Homebrew and then ask some seasoned friends to compare and pick which glass they like best. A simple blind taste test. You get pretty straight forward answers. I've had enough of my HB picked that I feel that my results are comparable to commercial brews and I'm still improving.
I have an beer store close by that carries over 500 worldwide beers of all styles which makes it really easy to be able to compare commercials to my HB.
I think that as beer enthusiasts we are our own biggest critics. My friends don't hold their beer in their mouths feeling/tasting/smelling it for microflaws like I do.

Primary- Sweet traditional Orange blossom mead

Secondary- Coconut Porter
-Amarillo pale ale

Kegged n' bottled-

-Dry traditional mead
-Chocolate Robust Porter
-Willamette apricot Blonde
-Blueberry melomel
-Edworts Apfelwine
- Red raspberry melomel
- AG Octoberfest

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2007, 12:02 AM   #52
Pedro-

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olllllo
Some people like the flaws. Those people are resposible for making Heineken in the bottle so popular.
That's less about seeking flaws than it is the same moronic psychology that forces a rage over a stupid laughing toy doll. That is worth about 10% of what people pay.

Ferm: 10 gal Apfelwein :)
Kegged: Wit, Blonde Ale, What Wheat?
Bottled: Apfelwein, Stout
Up Next: ESB, Honey Lager, CCA
Down the Hatch: A whole sh*t-ton!

Old 05-21-2007, 02:19 AM   #53
skeeordye11
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Those folks that say they don't like beer... My simple response to them is that they haven't yet found the right beer. My fellow homebrewing buddies make beer, and decent beer at that, but I'm not convinced they understand why. What I have learned from brewing is why I like what I like, and subsequently what other people may like according to what they typically drink, BMC or whatever else.

Quick Reply