Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Pssst Wanna buy a Speidel Braumiester

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-07-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
pigsaarz
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Pssst Wanna buy a Speidel Braumiester

www.homebrewwest.ie/speidel-braumeister-231-c.asp, Brian at Home brew west has agreed to discount the Speidel Braumeister by 23% by removing the sales tax(v.a.t.) it is sold in Ireland for 1463.70 Euro with discount makes it 1127 Euro plus 140 Euro shipping by Fedex to the U.S.A. conversion makes that $1651U.S (approx)for the 20litre Braumeister delivered, duty and taxes to be paid by purchaser which I believe is not that much in the States. I reckon purchaser would save about $700 to $800, could be wrong I don't know much about your taxes and duties, they are easily checked on line though. I got mine using regular air mail and it arrived in Oz in 1 piece, they are very well packed and that cost me 80 Euro from Germany.
But for the extra few Euro Fedex would be the way to go as it would include insurance.

If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you dont,
Walter D Wintle

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2012, 01:33 AM   #2
xmacro
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 53

USA doesn't pay VAT taxes, at least none of the eurpean places I've ever bought from ever charged me VAT taxes

EDIT - come to think of it, every time I bought something from europe, they explicitly told me that they didn't need to charge VAT tax since I'm in the US

Old 10-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
pigsaarz
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmacro View Post
USA doesn't pay VAT taxes, at least none of the eurpean places I've ever bought from ever charged me VAT taxes

EDIT - come to think of it, every time I bought something from europe, they explicitly told me that they didn't need to charge VAT tax since I'm in the US
I know that but Brian didn't, vat only applies to residents of that country so now he has agreed to take it off, there are some retailers wouldn't have a clue on how to put through a tax credit and therefore charge the tax.

If you think you are beaten, you are,
If you think you dare not, you dont,
Walter D Wintle

Quick Reply