Potential brew stand?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkwolf

Reaction score
I've been using my turkey fryer for my boils, and while it works quite well, I've thought it would be nice to elevate everything a bit, so 1) I'm not working so close to the ground, and 2) the burner is up high enough so I don't have to worry about my beer getting contaminated with a "Singed Labrador Retriever" aroma.

Our local farm & home store (Bomgaars) just started carrying Camp Chef stoves; they've got the Explorer two-burner model on display for $99. From what I can tell, it's two 30,000 BTU/hr burners. The whole stove unit breaks down into a travel bag (hey, it's a camp stove, right?) Not a bad price, for something that could be multi-purpose - use it for a brew day one weekend, pack it up the next for a family picnic or camping trip.

My big question is... would a 30,000 BTU/hr burner be enough? I'm sure once I had a boil going it would be more than plenty to maintain it, Otherwise they do make two more models of the stove - one with one 30,000 BTU burner, and a 60,000 BTU burner, and the other model has dual 60,000 BTU burners.

Edit: Forgot to add link

Back