Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Pliny Substitute

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2012, 03:11 AM   #51
NPK
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

All the talk about Pliny put me in the mood to crack open my last one. In September, I made the trip out to Santa Rosa to get a six pack of it. They say don't let it age, and I would have to say 5 months may have been a little long for this one.

Its a great beer, but for my money, I'll take a Hopslam. I think its my Midwestern roots.

I've not had Hop Stoopid, but I think the beer I've had that is most similar to Pliny is Lagunitas IPA. It just has a more malty character to it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #52
MacGruber
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I'm drinking Lagunitas Sucks Brown Sugga Substitute. This stuff is heavenly and right there with Pliny! I have some Firewalker to go through tonight too. Hey V Day everyone!

Old 02-14-2012, 08:32 PM   #53
D_Ranged_Eskimo
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 122 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGruber View Post
I'm drinking Lagunitas Sucks Brown Sugga Substitute. This stuff is heavenly and right there with Pliny! I have some Firewalker to go through tonight too. Hey V Day everyone!
Lagunitas Sucks was one of the best IPA's I've had. The citrus flavors in it were pretty prominent and very tasty!

Quick Reply