New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Pliny the Elder in Michigan?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 PM   #11
passedpawn
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2632 Times on 1698 Posts
Likes Given: 2143

Quote:
Originally Posted by loki993 View Post
I don't think it gets out to Nevada. Looks like Russian River only gets to CA, OR and WA with a little in Co and Pa too...which is kinda odd if you ask me but ok. I think there is a bar or 2 in those states that get kegs only, but I'm not positive about that.

Something from Shorts, Founders or Bells though should be able to scare up some fairly easily I would think. Basically a local $4$ trade.
You can buy bottled RR beer in and around Philly. I don't know which are available, though (Pliney might not be). I've seen sixers and cases of the sour beers there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-07-2012, 12:40 PM   #12
loki993
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
You can buy bottled RR beer in and around Philly. I don't know which are available, though (Pliney might not be). I've seen sixers and cases of the sour beers there.
Nice, I didnt know that. If your into sours too they are supposed to make some of the best.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #13
BlohoJo
Recipes 

I've been wanted to try Pliny the Elder for the longest time. I never was able to find it anywhere in West Michigan.

I just looked at some of the links people have posted, I cannot find it anywhere whatsoever, even in California. Every link I've found on this and other forums is either out of stock, pickup only, or will ship to California only due to popularity. The guy who said Pliny isn't rare in California, wow could have fooled me lol.

I don't have the time and energy to "trade," I'd rather just order from someone who can ship to Michigan and just pay the premium. But it appears that this is the rarest beer and the world at the moment.

Old 10-24-2012, 06:08 PM   #14
mcbaumannerb
All grain brewing now ... when I can find the time ... sigh
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 25 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3409 Times on 1846 Posts
Likes Given: 11624

Quote:
Originally Posted by passedpawn View Post
The Elder is available in the Philly area by keg only. Usually when a bar gets a keg, they advertise it is coming and it rarely lasts a day. If you are in the area and want to see if someone has it, best bet is to call the distributor, Origlio Beverage 215-698-9500, and they are usually kind enough to let you know who has recently gotten one (or be getting one soon.)

Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 PM   #15
jonmohno
Recipes 

Liked 402 Times on 356 Posts
Likes Given: 1155

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlohoJo View Post
I've been wanted to try Pliny the Elder for the longest time. I never was able to find it anywhere in West Michigan.

I just looked at some of the links people have posted, I cannot find it anywhere whatsoever, even in California. Every link I've found on this and other forums is either out of stock, pickup only, or will ship to California only due to popularity. The guy who said Pliny isn't rare in California, wow could have fooled me lol.

I don't have the time and energy to "trade," I'd rather just order from someone who can ship to Michigan and just pay the premium. But it appears that this is the rarest beer and the world at the moment.
Keep trying Blackwellswines.com. Every time I visit that site which is not often they have them in. They didnt have them in when I ordered and bought it but after a few days when they got a fresh shipment they sent it out that day. So I drank a < two week old bottled one(Took a week to ship).Some days it may be in, others not,if your consistant in checking you should be able to get it. You may want to shoot them an email also if your having trouble. I think they have a new rule now about by one of those you have to buy something else too for every one you buy.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #16
BulldogBrewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 197 Times on 197 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty25 View Post
...Pliny isn't that rare out there...
You'd be surprised. Although there are some great bottle shops that almost always have it, it's not all that widely distributed outside of the bay area and southern cal. the middle of the state, you'll never find it.
Bottle: Apfelwein, Cranegranate Apfelwein
On Deck: Sweet Stout

Quote:
Let me bring you up to speed, we know nothing... You are now up to speed.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:25 AM   #17
BSD_Glass
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default It's not ACTUALLY Pliny but...

I just took first in category and best of show with the Pliny clone kit from Farmhouse Brewing Supply in Janesville, WI. It's a hell of a beer.

BSD

Old 10-25-2012, 12:39 AM   #18
ghosthef
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 30 Posts

I live near the brewery agree that although it's a good beer...I'd consider it average for many of the craft beers I have had. Ever try Ninkasi?

Quick Reply