Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Pilsen DME and DMS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
KUbrew
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Default Pilsen DME and DMS

So I'm an idiot and accidentally ordered Pilsen DME instead of light DME to use in my starters. Do I have to worry about any DMS problems?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2011, 08:29 PM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2733 Times on 1640 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

You really shouldn't since it's extract and it was boiled at the maltser, so any dms precursors SHOULD be boiled off already. BUT if you want to be sure factor in a 90 minute boil, like we do with AG. But it should be gone. It won't hurt anything.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 04-07-2011, 08:30 PM   #3
Rev2010
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 204

Never had a problem at all with Pilsen DME. I've used it in several batches so far and all came out great. I think the whole Pilsen DME thing is a total myth.

Rev.

Quick Reply