Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > People Actually Like My Homebrew!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
raceskier
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default People Actually Like My Homebrew!

My ski club did their first 'summer' barbeque last night. I was the host for the event. I had brewed up an ESB to let people try, along with the beer and wine the club usually puts out. They had Sam Adams, Newcastle, SNPA, Stella, Corona and some BMC's.

Well, my corny got emptied and most of the other beer just sat in the coolers. It was the first exposure to homebrew for most of the group. Some people wouldn't believe me when I told them it was homebrew. I showed the curious ones some of the gear I use to brew. Maybe I'll cultivate a couple new brewers.

I have given samples of my other brews to some other friends before. I've gotten mixed reactions. Most people like the mild, easy drinking beers. I've gotten some strong negative reaction to my highly hopped DIPA. I guess as the more adventerous of us beer drinkers try new and different beers, we forget that most beer drinkers just want things familiar and simple. Anyway, I was just stoked that this one went over so well.

Primary: , Boddington's Clone, Mirror Pond w/Marris Otter
Secondary:
Bottled: Fullers ESB Clone
Kegged: Mirror Pond Clone
Drinking: BM's Kona Fire Rock, Dead Guy Clone, Alaskan Amber Alt Clone, Firestone DBA Clone, Magnum/Crystal IPA
Next up: Burton IPA

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2007, 06:19 PM   #2
Melana
Up to no good....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1391 Times on 849 Posts
Likes Given: 894

That's great!

Old 05-17-2007, 06:21 PM   #4
mozicodo

Recipes 

No! You made the biggest mistake a homebrewer can make. Sharing! Now you can't hoard it all for yourself.

Xtreme Mashtun Build Open Beer Data Project @aptidude on identi.ca

Android Software: ZymTools Free ZymTools Full

Old 05-17-2007, 07:05 PM   #5
waskelton4

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassBurner
No! You made the biggest mistake a homebrewer can make. Sharing! Now you can't hoard it all for yourself.

but you might be able to get the ones that come by looking for more beer to pitch in on the ingredients

BAD SPELLERS OF THE WORLD UNTIE!!

Primary - AHS Mild Ale

Old 05-18-2007, 12:01 AM   #6
EvilTOJ

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 3

No no, bassburner, you have it all wrong. If he shares it, that means he just *has* to make more to fill the empties. It's a tough sacrifice, but it's for the greater good.

Besides, if he converts people to homebrewing, then he can snag some of theirs for his own use. muahahaha

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Old 05-18-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
baddog
Recipes 

Been there! Mixed blessing...I have friends that get upset when they come over for a pool party and the kegs are empty. "When you gonna brew dude?" "Whenever you Miller Lite drinkers come over to help me with the janitorial duties of the home brewery!"
Still, nothing beats the pleased shock of the first time HB drinker when they savor
my Bad Dog Vanilla Honey Cream Ale. I make mellow creamy brews for the general public, and a dark, hoppy, badass, Jersey Devil Ale for me and a select couple of
fellow fearless quaffers.
Making water into beer...it's magic, man.

Quick Reply