Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > pensacola area brewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #1
ronjonacron
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Default pensacola area brewers

Hello there! I just recently moved back to the area after my time in the military. Ive gotten a couple of my buddies interested in home brewing, but id really like to meet some new people. Ive found the escambia bay brewers, but i dont think that structured of a club is what im really looking for. Id really like to just meet some folks that like making beer, or are interested in getting started. Looking for a group to hang out on brew days, bottle swap, and of course hang out and enjoy some home brew. If anyone is interested, respond and we can kick it off from there!
RonJon

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2013, 02:32 AM   #2
smccarter
Recipes 

Liked 139 Times on 97 Posts
Likes Given: 76

Default Milton, FL home brewer here

Hello.

In the same boat you're in. Recently started brewing again after about a 3 year lay off. Have been brewing extract for a number of years, but decided to try my hand at all grain recently. Finally took the plunge last week. Looking good so far.

I'm interested in meeting brewers in the area. Folks to work with on brew day, share recipes, technique, and to share the cost in bulk ordering.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:00 PM   #3
seckert
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 16

did you do all grain with the traditional mash tun? or BIAB? I have friends that do traditional and i am the odd ball that does BIAB. I attempted to do it because it was cheaper, but now that i have found it also saves time i am a huge fan. I am interested in sharing cost with bulk orders and sharing recipes as well. Plus if i can find other brewers that are married it would be nice so the women can talk about whatever and we can brew...

Old 03-24-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
ronjonacron
Recipes 

Yes, i do regular AG with mashtun. I pmed both of you my phone number, i probably wont be brewing for another 2 weekends. Brewed this weekend and last weekend. Im married with kids, come hang out sometime!

Old 03-27-2013, 02:23 AM   #5
skipper564
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I'm a Pensacola home brewer. Both myself and my father brew and we love it. We are always looking new people to hang out with and brew!

Old 03-27-2013, 02:34 AM   #6
ronjonacron
Recipes 

Awesome!! Since theres a few of us on here now, post up when you plan to have a brew day, or would just enjoy to share some homebrews, bottle swap, or talk about beer!

Old 03-28-2013, 01:08 AM   #7
seckert
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 16

i agree...i am busy the next few weekends but i would like to def if nothing else swap some beers. does anyone know when top of the hops festival is this year? also there is normally a beer festival of some sort in d-town pcola as well.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:10 AM   #8
bd2xu
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 24 Posts

Jealous, love Pensacola, come down to fly fish at least once a year with Captain Baz (gulf breeze guide service). And love McGuires, their Porter and Irish Red are great.

On tap: Turbo DIPA, 68' Wheat (Watermelon), Naked American Wheat, Sightless Swine IPA, Petite Saison d'ete, Caramel Apple Cider
Bottled: Weizenbier, LaChouffe Clone, La Fin Du Monde Clone, Cottage House Oaked Saison with Chardonnay

Text to SWMBO: "Honey I'm having one more pint with the guys, be home in 20 minutes. If I'm not home by then, read this message again."

Old 03-28-2013, 01:13 AM   #9
ronjonacron
Recipes 

Mcguires nitro stout is what got me into craft beer, that and dfh 90 min down at hopjacks.

Old 03-28-2013, 01:40 AM   #10
Abiathar
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't know if Caroline still does wine and beer gatherings at the shop, but she did when I lived in Navarre. Check out the Shady Lady shop up by UWF and ask her. That would be a great way to meet a few people with the same mindset without the full structure of the club. When we were down to visit my in-laws in January we stopped in and that was how I found out about Pensacola Bay Brewery on Seville Square.

Steve

Quick Reply