Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Is patience really a virtue?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 09:29 PM   #101
BrewinHooligan
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1125 Times on 713 Posts
Likes Given: 1278

Quote:
Originally Posted by NordeastBrewer77 View Post
I know that a few on this site regularly post about month long primaries being the 'be all and end all' of making good beer, I myself even bought into that when I first started out, but it's definitely not the common practice amongst the brewers (pro and home) that I've spoken with. Hate to say it, but if you're needing a month or more for you average sized beers to taste right, you're doing something wrong.
THIS!!!! I couldn't agree more

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 05:50 PM   #102
befus
Mr. Infecto
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Excellent commentaries throughout. It really does come down to what pleases the individual. Brewers are like most folks and if they do something one way and the beer turns out great they are likely to brew with that method/technique again, really never knowing what exactly what it was that influenced the superior result. Might have been time on cake, temp, mash, pitching rate, but they will want to repeat the success and will do all steps identically to the original. That is one reason for so many opinions. Lots of ways to make good beer and most are probably as good as the next. To each his own is a good motto for home brewers.

Award winning:
Northern Brown Ale

"Guess I'll watch some TV, cuz it's nice to see people more messed up than me."

Primary:
Bottled: Wee Ain't Heavy (Wee Heavy);
Kegged: Brown Rhyno Old Ale (Rye Knot+ clone); Second Amendment Vanilla/Bourbon Porter; Pale Ale (a'la EdWort's Haus Pale);
On Deck: Northern Brown; Kolsch; Apricot wheat,

Old 08-16-2012, 11:07 PM   #103
normzone
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default Came into this post through a search on "pipeline planning"

I was searching "pipeline + planning" and stumbled into this post.

I have been spending far too much money on the gourmet IPAs that I love.

I'm trying to get my home pipeline flowing so that I can cut that cost by 2/3.

I have transitioned from consuming a month before bottling to spending two weeks before kegging. I don't feel that it's ideal but when the pipeline is full of drinkable hop bombs then I can back it off a bit and determine where in the middle ground the sweet spot lies.

Thanks for all your help -

Reason: spelling correction

Old 08-17-2012, 01:28 AM   #104
BronxBrew
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Spot on IMO. What else is there to say but he is right. There are such things as 4 week turn around beers out there that we can make. With today's yeast and techniques . I'm seeing fermintation ending a lot sooner. Sometimes my bottles only sit in the fridge a couple hours because people gobble them up. I've even had them drink it warm with no fridge conditioning lol. No matter what I tell them about bottle conditioning there like WTF this is good !

Unless your entering some kind of competition . Is there really any point to hit all the score points ? My s??ity first batch was better than anything I could buy in the store.

Quick Reply