Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Party=Bmc drinkers=drinking my craft beer?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 05:06 PM   #1
Kmcogar
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Party=Bmc drinkers=drinking my craft beer?

WHy is it when I go to a party/get together/gathering of friends that they always want to try my beer? Not the beer I brewed, the beer I bought. They always buy coors light and I don't want that kibble. They try to trade beer for beer and they don't understand why I am so resistant.

BUY YOUR OWN CRAFT BEER!

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
H-ost
Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 108

The idea of flavor intrigues them but they get so caught up on a 3 dollar difference for a 6 pack that they refuse to buy it.

I have a friend who adamantly argues that "NO ONE" likes the taste of beer. This friend ONLY buys BMC except "when he wants to get F***ed up" he buys an IPA. I tried explaining to him that maybe he doesn't like very hoppy beers. "No all beer is gross" he says. Very interesting seeing as when I have brewed a blonde, hefe, amber ale, pilsner, basically anything lightly hopped but flavorful, he wants more of it...

Old 07-27-2012, 05:18 PM   #3
COLObrewer
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 4

It's simple, your beer costs more and tastes better, why would they buy it if they know you'll be there with some "good stuff" for them to sample. Just trade them 1 for two until you get ****faced enough to stop caring I guess. Or, . . . . . . get a better class of friends

Newer, better, more streamlined sig as per the forum police.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:19 PM   #4
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLObrewer
It's simple, your beer costs more and tastes better, why would they buy it if they know you'll be there with some "good stuff" for them to sample. Just trade them 1 for two until you get ****faced enough to stop caring I guess. Or, . . . . . . get a better class of friends
Haha! I have got better friends. Thank god for my homebrew club

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
BoomerHarley
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I play in a band. One of my guitarists drinks like a fish. Whenever I bring my homebrew, he drinks it all up, exclaiming how good it it. When I don't bring homebrew, he either has his own case of Busch, or he'll bum a few beers off of me (good beer). This wouldn't bother me so much, except I always warn him.

"Hey, this is Sierra Nevada, not that piss you like."

to which he responds "That's ok, I usually buy that stuff at home."

He'll then suck down half of my six pack and never once, NOT ONCE, has he brought anything better than Busch or Miller Light.

My opinion on this is that he is being an asshole and too cheap to at the least occasionally show up with a sixer of decent beer. But no, he only buys the good stuff for himself and has no problems bumming the good stuff from me.

I won't bring homebrew or share my beer anymore.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:22 PM   #6
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Let them come brew with you, get them hooked to the hobby, problem solved, haha.

Boomer - I know the feeling. Have a friend who says he HATES hoppy beers, and can't stand IPAs. So I bring Souther Tier IIPA to party, he chugs three, then tells me how nasty and bitter it is. Fool me once, shame on...well, actually, he just doesn't get any of my beer anymore.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:31 PM   #7
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 229 Times on 192 Posts

Politely let them know you don't like Coors light which is why you brought your own beer, so if you trade yours away all you get is something you don't enjoy, which defeats the whole purpose of bringing craft beer in the first place. Then you end up not getting to enjoy what you like. If they are friends, they don't want you to not have a good time. If they aren't friends, well who cares what they think.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:49 PM   #8
shaneogle89
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Every Sunday I go to my friends house for a pool party and we all bring our own beer. I always bring my 6 pack of craft beer or my own beer but they all bring coors light and bud light. It's annoying bed they all want to try the beer I bring. It gets annoying because they don't want to pay the extra money for it but yet they bum it off me.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #9
TheMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 21 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 324 Times on 241 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This is why i don't bring good beer to gatherings or partys anymore. They are naturally curious what the homebrew guy is drinking because he typically knows more about beer. They just don't get it that you brought your craft beer cause you don't want bmc.

I just use these occasions to enjoy some pabst though. No one wants my beer then and i enjoy pabst.

Old 07-27-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
knuckleheadbrewing
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Yeah ive had the same issue...I keep a mini fridge in my bed room for the beer my wife and I drink...It's essentially off limits unless it's me or the wife...But during parties/family gatherings people want to raid it and drink it, thats fine but drink it!! Dont let me find 1/2 friggin empty beers all over my house because it wasn't to your liking, when if you would have asked I would have directed you towards a beer more to your liking....But further more...>DO NOT!!! I repeat do not gripe when I say, we are out of beer, go get some Yeungling....See i'm nice, I'm not even asking for what you took! I'm asking for the cheapest beer I enjoy! SO DO NOT GRIPE!! I had to set the step son strait quickly over this...now it's his damn fiance that just can grasp the concept.

Fermenter 1: Anarchy Red IPA
Fermenter 2:
Fermenter 3:
Fermenter 4:
Kegged/Bottled:
Coming Soon:Strawbeery Blond, Westmalle Triple Clone
www.facebook.com/knuckleheadbrewing
www.knuckleheadbrewing.com

Quick Reply