First brewday with my new equipment today. I was excited that my efficiency didn't suffer, and things went nice and smooth...I was so proud watching it all work. OOps, gauking at my new brew set up I didn't pay attention to sparge volume. When I realized it, I took a reading of my runnings...it was running at 1.004 Well...I hope I didn't extract TOO much tannins etc. My OG was also higher than planned because of this lol. Target was 1.055..rung in at 1.064. Oh well, I WONT do that again.
AND I also lost my irish moss. Oh well. I'll definitely be using gelatin to fine it, and hope to lower any astringency I may have picked up from oversparging.